onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 21st Nov 2015, Port Vale v Chesterfield, pre-match comments and the match itself

Fosse69

Advert

Time to spring a surprise with 3 games in 6 days?

Yes, a chance to rest some players. Although too many changes would upset any balance that is there, Id play Streete and JJ Hooper either from the start or not later than 60 minutes if subs, regardless of the score at the time. O'Connor got savaged a bit by some of the dirtier Maidenhead players, so may have a knock and if he is not 100 per cent fit, it isn't worth risking him.

We need him really, but better to have him come on as a sub and give a good half hour than be pushed to the limit for 90 minutes then be unable to make the Blackpool game.

Havent beat these for ages , lets get behind the boys and keep this form going !!UTV!!

We beat them 5-0 at their place five years ago but we have only got one point from the last five home games against them.Chesterfield have a decent away record with five wins,three losses but no draws so I'm going for 1-1.

3-1 too the vale , aj, Dodds and Foley to score, not seem the team sheet yet though

Vale need to be at them from the start. It will be an entertaining game although if Vale sit back it could be their undoing. Vale need to take the game to them and consistently keep going. I fear though, that Vale will still be tired from Thursday. Chesterfield played this nicely I just hope it backfires for them

I think it's better to keep a settled back 4 and even more so with the central pairing. McGivern waited for his chance and has played well since coming in to the side. Ditto Yates. I do think that if players wait for their opportunity and then perform and earn the shirt when they get it, they should generally keep their place. Obviously Purkiss is a better player than Yates but I still think it's fair enough that he stays in the team. I remember having this argument when George O'Callaghan started over Bridge-Wilkinson!

Archived