onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Replay Thursday

Jacko51

Living in Windsor it's the probably the closest match I've been to see Vale !

I've been to the ground a couple of times - once for the annual CAMRA Beer Festival (which also got you entry to a pre-season game of Maidenhead v Luton, most stayed at the bar).

The ground is right in the town centre and parking will be tricky - best bet probably being at the multi-story Sainsbury's, the train station is only a few minutes walk away though.

Some good pubs but be careful if you think about going into The Honeypot which is not far from the ground. The blokes may like it though.......

Advert

Recently got BT Sport set up with my flatmate a couple of months ago, so will certainly be sitting comfy (or maybe not), and watch it from the comfort of my own flat.

Great call having BT Sport as you get to watch all of the live Champions League games too, and I'm also beginning to watch more and more of the German Bundesliga as opposed to the massively over-hyped and over-rated Premier League.

We can't mess this one up infront of the live cameras, surely?:yes:

Maybe this was all part of the plan?

£33,750 TV money

£18,000 prize money (if we pull off a shock win)

2 x 50% of gate receipts (3,977 attendance; hypothetically 3,000 adult tickets at £12 + 977 concession tickets at £6 = £41,862)

Even if we lose that's around £80-90k!

Sorry but "shock win"- that's just ****ing stupid

Back on a serious note Maidenhead have a board meeting tonight to confirm all match details.

They anticipate a revised figure of 3-500 away tickets.

For anyone travelling by car (like me) then parking is available at the retail park on Stafferton Way. It's a 10 minute walk to the ground:

http://www3.rbwm.gov.uk/info/200357/council_car_parks/913/maidenhead_area_car_parks/6

There is no free parking unfortunately.

List of pubs to follow!

Thank goodness we have such a huge squad packed with quality that will easily cope with 270, or possibly 300, minutes of action in six days with a little rotation.

This is where the retained list will really come into play. :shutup:

Now, now, such sarcasm--I'm hoping we've got a squad that can cope with 95 mins each game, given all the goals we keep conceding after the 90 minute mark!!

For those that fancy a tipple our friends at Maidenhead suggest;

The Bell opposite the station, which rather curiously fancies itself these days as a pizza parlour as well if you’re hungry. This is the nearest pub to wear your supporters will be entering the ground, not much more than a long goal kick away from the terraces. Either that or the Greyhound round the corner in Queen Street. A large Wetherspoons with a good selection of real ale. The Corner House further up Queen Street but still very near the ground is another option.

Archived