onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Salford city

Conrad

Glenn Hoddle the disgrace that did this - he should never be allowed on football programmes again after these remarks -

http://articles.philly.com/1999-02-03/sports/25501650_1_misunderstanding-and-pain-disabled-people-glenn-hoddle

Your facile comparison with trainspotters holds no water - if that argument were true we would never have anything different or experimental and have 24-hour E,merdale, Esst Enders and Corrie. Maybe that would suit you.

I notice you picked Adams and Evans and said nothing about John Rudge, my main suggestion.

Nearly all managers ultimately fail - Hoddle certainly did by disgracing himself. His opinion is certainly not held higher than other peoples by me and by most decent people if he believes stuff like that.

I don't share the same views as Hoddle but he suggested that's what he believed, not I think what he wanted to happen.

Regardless his thoughts are far less offensive than killing people or hurting them like a number of footballers have done in the past.

Yes I'd take Hoddle, he's a good manager with a track record who made a comment a lot of people don't agree with, nothing illegal there. He wouldn't come though I very much doubt.

Advert

No, it isnt the Sunderland and Stoke fans moaning about TV coverage - that is complete nonsense. They get plenty of coverage, and look at the millions they get from TV - hundreds of times what L1 and L2 clubs get. It is VALE, and other clubs like us - the poor sods in L1, L2 and below who are moaning at how we get the crumbs, and less of them, as time goes by.

L1 and L2 sides are lucky to get televised at all, maybe the odd FA Cup tie and one league game a season perhaps, but not the Dagenhans, Accringtons, Crawleys and Colchesters very often.

National newspapers used to cover every league 1 and 2 game with a small report - mostly gone too.

I don't want to see the 'class of 92' - I'm sick of Beckham and Scholes faces that have blighted my screen for so many years, I don't want to see matches reviewed by has-been failure England managers like Glenn Hoddle, or financially disasterous allegedly dodgy semi-illiterate morons like Harry Redknapp.

Why not have people like John Rudge and others who have spent a lifetime in the game on TV a bit more often, even Steve Evans and Micky Adams for some proper entertainment, or just real journalists preferably who don't need speech therapy and say 'you know' every sentence.

Football fascism at its worst.

As much as I dislike Twitchy Redknapp you do know he HASN'T been found guilty of any crime whereas your suggestion of Evans actually HAS?

pvcoasis

These guys are professional keyboard warrior's

Membership of the Society of Keyboard Warriors is quite easy to obtain..just sprout a load of bile on here with nothing to back it up and you're in..do it in a threatening manner or whilst using obscenities and you'll be fast

I don't share the same views as Hoddle but he suggested that's what he believed' date=' not I think what he wanted to happen.[/quote']

I can't remember all the details of the "Incident" but do remember thinking why the hell was that topic bought up in an interview with the then England manager, it was a "Gotcha question" if ever there was one. The other puzzler for me was why wasn't someone from the FA there as a "Minder" to protect from that type of question. Glenn Hoddle always struck me as a decent person and it was a massive loss to the FA 'cause he was an astute manager/coach at international level.

Very British culture sadly' date=' seeing someone with something and being bitter rather than being driven by it and aspiring for better.[/quote']

didn't realise that was part of british culture. last time i checked, it wasn't, would just say that bea smith is a jealous little scrotum.

I don't share the same views as Hoddle but he suggested that's what he believed, not I think what he wanted to happen.

Regardless his thoughts are far less offensive than killing people or hurting them like a number of footballers have done in the past.

Yes I'd take Hoddle, he's a good manager with a track record who made a comment a lot of people don't agree with, nothing illegal there. He wouldn't come though I very much doubt.

It might be worth you reading what Hoddle said again - he said he already believed that, so when you say 'it isn't what he wanted to happen' that doesn't apply. I know disabled people who find this obscene, and because it is deliberate and so clearly what the sick ******* believed, yes, it is infinitely far more offensive to a disabled person than say, a footballer who accidentally hurts or even kills someone, bad as that is.

Try to imagine how you might feel if you were disabled and then found people being influenced by this type of view and abusing you - as some disabled people have had to endure.

Because of this, his managerial abilities do not enter into it for me, he should not be on our screens with these views. Do you actually mean you would have him as Port Vale boss too ?

It might be worth you reading what Hoddle said again - he said he already believed that, so when you say 'it isn't what he wanted to happen' that doesn't apply. I know disabled people who find this obscene, and because it is deliberate and so clearly what the sick ******* believed, yes, it is infinitely far more offensive to a disabled person than say, a footballer who accidentally hurts or even kills someone, bad as that is.

Try to imagine how you might feel if you were disabled and then found people being influenced by this type of view and abusing you - as some disabled people have had to endure.

Because of this, his managerial abilities do not enter into it for me, he should not be on our screens with these views. Do you actually mean you would have him as Port Vale boss too ?

Again he suggested he believed that's what happened not what he wanted to happen.

That is in no way as bad as killing someone or deliberately hurting someone permanently.

I can't remember all the details of the "Incident" but do remember thinking why the hell was that topic bought up in an interview with the then England manager, it was a "Gotcha question" if ever there was one. The other puzzler for me was why wasn't someone from the FA there as a "Minder" to protect from that type of question. Glenn Hoddle always struck me as a decent person and it was a massive loss to the FA 'cause he was an astute manager/coach at international level.

Top point.

Archived