onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Salford city

Conrad

Don't get all this hatred to them, at least they are helping and transforming their local club. Good luck to them, the documentary was heart warming.

I certainly wouldn't say no to Earle, Taylor, McCarthy, Ainsworth and Guppy pumping their millions into us!

I agree. The staff are a bunch of volunteers who want to see the club do really well and I hope they get into the football league in the future. They deserved to win on Friday night. They made Notts county look like a weaker side.

Advert

No, it isnt the Sunderland and Stoke fans moaning about TV coverage - that is complete nonsense. They get plenty of coverage, and look at the millions they get from TV - hundreds of times what L1 and L2 clubs get. It is VALE, and other clubs like us - the poor sods in L1, L2 and below who are moaning at how we get the crumbs, and less of them, as time goes by.

L1 and L2 sides are lucky to get televised at all, maybe the odd FA Cup tie and one league game a season perhaps, but not the Dagenhans, Accringtons, Crawleys and Colchesters very often.

National newspapers used to cover every league 1 and 2 game with a small report - mostly gone too.

I don't want to see the 'class of 92' - I'm sick of Beckham and Scholes faces that have blighted my screen for so many years, I don't want to see matches reviewed by has-been failure England managers like Glenn Hoddle, or financially disasterous allegedly dodgy semi-illiterate morons like Harry Redknapp.

Why not have people like John Rudge and others who have spent a lifetime in the game on TV a bit more often, even Steve Evans and Micky Adams for some proper entertainment, or just real journalists preferably who don't need speech therapy and say 'you know' every sentence.

Football fascism at its worst.

THe reason certain clubs are on more, is because more people want to see it. As hard as that may be to stomach, thats how it is.

Perhaps the BBC should cut a couple of episodes of eastenders a week in order to broadcast a few episodes of 'trainspotting live' from crew station because its unfair that trainspotters are not getting the same coverage as soaps on TV.

Football fascism? Get a grip. There are a few more battles to win before that is taken seriously. And in any case, it could be said to be a football democracy or meritocracy. The majority or most successful win? Either way, the use of the term fascism in this case makes your argument slightly laughable.

At the end of the day, they can't win. They are trying to put something back into the game at grass roots level. They are blatently not doing it for the money, and hands on with the running of the club because they are passionate about the game, and local lads. Good on them. And if some people want to get in a tizzy and embarress themselves over it out of jealousy, and over politicising it, then so be it.

And do I have to explain why people like glenn hoddle are on tv instead of the likes of Micky adams and Steve evens? Hoddle was a world class player and succesful manager and ultimately failed as national coach. Micky adams was a half decent player, and himself and steve evans were moderately succesful managers, who ultimately failed at port vale, tranmere and rotherham. Like it or not, that is why Hoddle's opinion is held higher than micky adams's.

With that ownership I hope they go broke and bankrupt their owners.

how pathetic, wishing they go broke and there owners go bankrupt. i wouldnt wish any club to go broke or bankrupt, liquidation etc. why?

because ive experienced the dark days of vale, when we could have potentially been relegated out of the football league, how did i feel? crap, the fans of any football club love there club and everything connected to it with a passion, salford and any other club that low down deserve to make there way up the league regardless of who there connections are and who there backers are.

THe reason certain clubs are on more, is because more people want to see it. As hard as that may be to stomach, thats how it is.

Perhaps the BBC should cut a couple of episodes of eastenders a week in order to broadcast a few episodes of 'trainspotting live' from crew station because its unfair that trainspotters are not getting the same coverage as soaps on TV.

Football fascism? Get a grip. There are a few more battles to win before that is taken seriously. And in any case, it could be said to be a football democracy or meritocracy. The majority or most successful win? Either way, the use of the term fascism in this case makes your argument slightly laughable.

At the end of the day, they can't win. They are trying to put something back into the game at grass roots level. They are blatently not doing it for the money, and hands on with the running of the club because they are passionate about the game, and local lads. Good on them. And if some people want to get in a tizzy and embarress themselves over it out of jealousy, and over politicising it, then so be it.

And do I have to explain why people like glenn hoddle are on tv instead of the likes of Micky adams and Steve evens? Hoddle was a world class player and succesful manager and ultimately failed as national coach. Micky adams was a half decent player, and himself and steve evans were moderately succesful managers, who ultimately failed at port vale, tranmere and rotherham. Like it or not, that is why Hoddle's opinion is held higher than micky adams's.

Glenn Hoddle the disgrace that did this - he should never be allowed on football programmes again after these remarks -

http://articles.philly.com/1999-02-03/sports/25501650_1_misunderstanding-and-pain-disabled-people-glenn-hoddle

Your facile comparison with trainspotters holds no water - if that argument were true we would never have anything different or experimental and have 24-hour E,merdale, Esst Enders and Corrie. Maybe that would suit you.

I notice you picked Adams and Evans and said nothing about John Rudge, my main suggestion.

Nearly all managers ultimately fail - Hoddle certainly did by disgracing himself. His opinion is certainly not held higher than other peoples by me and by most decent people if he believes stuff like that.

Glenn Hoddle the disgrace that did this - he should never be allowed on football programmes again after these remarks -

http://articles.philly.com/1999-02-03/sports/25501650_1_misunderstanding-and-pain-disabled-people-glenn-hoddle

Your facile comparison with trainspotters holds no water - if that argument were true we would never have anything different or experimental and have 24-hour E,merdale, Esst Enders and Corrie. Maybe that would suit you.

I notice you picked Adams and Evans and said nothing about John Rudge, my main suggestion.

Nearly all managers ultimately fail - Hoddle certainly did by disgracing himself. His opinion is certainly not held higher than other peoples by me and by most decent people if he believes stuff like that.

But all the others have achieved more as well. And like it or not are more well known than Rudgie outside of stoke. Crewe fans would argue Dario should be on instead. Etc etc

i honestly don't even know what you're trying to argue, like there is some sort of conspiracy going on, when the reality is quite straight forward.

Also is it not a good thing that players who have earned money from the game are putting it back into grass roots football in their local area? And putting the time in too? I think either way with you they could never win.

he isnt worth the argument mate. posters like him, hobblesworth, and yukon are all the same, they try and argue with you till they are blue in the face, but they can never back there argument up. you must remember, these guys are professional keyboard warrior's.

Professional means paid, I put paid to your septic little insults free of charge, and how about learning some English its 'their' not 'there' and 'know' not 'no'. I suppose we shouldn't be too hard on you, as you have the IQ and literary skills of a dead warthog, and probably a face to match - got any new sunglasses yet?

But all the others have achieved more as well. And like it or not are more well known than Rudgie outside of stoke. Crewe fans would argue Dario should be on instead. Etc etc

i honestly don't even know what you're trying to argue, like there is some sort of conspiracy going on, when the reality is quite straight forward.

Also is it not a good thing that players who have earned money from the game are putting it back into grass roots football in their local area? And putting the time in too? I think either way with you they could never win.

Both Rudgie and Dario would be welcome, and both are quite well known to football fans nationally.

Nothing to say on my Glenn Hoddle point ? Funny how some people always go quiet on some points yet continue to argue on others.

Both Rudgie and Dario would be welcome, and both are quite well known to football fans nationally.

Nothing to say on my Glenn Hoddle point ? Funny how some people always go quiet on some points yet continue to argue on others.

Not really because it irrelevant to the point I was making. It wasn't about huddle so much, as about why certain people and certain teams are picked.

He was a prat, and my opinion on religion has always been quite open. But it doesn't change the point I was making. You really are on fire at the moment. You totally ignore most of what I said and come out with this nonsense.

how pathetic, wishing they go broke and there owners go bankrupt. i wouldnt wish any club to go broke or bankrupt, liquidation etc. why?

because ive experienced the dark days of vale, when we could have potentially been relegated out of the football league, how did i feel? crap, the fans of any football club love there club and everything connected to it with a passion, salford and any other club that low down deserve to make there way up the league regardless of who there connections are and who there backers are.

t would be great shame for the diehard fans of Salford who have been there during the (mostly very) thin times to see their beloved club go under. But then going broke and recovering can be the best thing for a club but at Salford's level I suspect going broke would be the end of the club..no one to come in Smurf-like and rescue it

Archived