onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Salford city

Conrad

Advert

The BBC must have shares in Man.Utd,in the last few months we've had documentaries on Sir Alex Ferguson,Wayne Rooney,the Class of '92 and now last night's live game?

It's just more of the 'big club' prejudice shown by Sky, now the BBC follow - they wouldn't have touched Salford with a bargepole if it wasn't for their fat-cat owners from United. Vale to smash Salford 6-0 and wipe the smile off their faces in round 2 please.

It's just more of the 'big club' prejudice shown by Sky, now the BBC follow - they wouldn't have touched Salford with a bargepole if it wasn't for their fat-cat owners from United. Vale to smash Salford 6-0 and wipe the smile off their faces in round 2 please.

you sound almost jealous

Quite right, enjoyed watching the game but thinking would this have ever been on bbc 2 on a Friday night without the man utd Plc influence, of course not. Would love us to draw them at home next

Quite right, enjoyed watching the game but thinking would this have ever been on bbc 2 on a Friday night without the man utd Plc influence, of course not. Would love us to draw them at home next

Think some people need to get over this. Of course there is more interest because of the class of 92. It makes it newsworthy and interesting. THere has been a 2 part documentary on the club, so more people are inclined to want to watch it. Like it or not, thats why they are on tv. Its like sunderland or stoke fans moaning that man utd, or man city are on tv more. Or why mens football is on tv and not womens. Of course they are.

Really enjoyed Salfords performance full of all what u need to be successful .

Watched Chelsea at Stoke second half and I'd say Salford players put more challenges in that what I witnessed on me TV screen than either of those two mid table sides .

you sound almost jealous

Well I am - but it isn't as simple as you might think.

I am jealous for all the small clubs - and by that I mean L1,L2 and below plus maybe a few in the Championship even, who don't get all the perks, coverage, fawning, sycophantic, overblown snivelling adoration of the 'big few'.

Because Salford are owned by Manchester United (ex-players) they have been lorded over by those who control footballs finances - and that makes me angry. The Sky, BT and even BBC mentality of heaping more coverage on those that don't need it is killing small clubs - and once a couple go broke and disappear you will see a domino effect and the effective end of national coverage of L1 L2 and below.

THAT is why I might sound jealous. Do you agree with what I put above, I'm interested in what other people think too.

Think some people need to get over this. Of course there is more interest because of the class of 92. It makes it newsworthy and interesting. THere has been a 2 part documentary on the club, so more people are inclined to want to watch it. Like it or not, thats why they are on tv. Its like sunderland or stoke fans moaning that man utd, or man city are on tv more. Or why mens football is on tv and not womens. Of course they are.

No, it isnt the Sunderland and Stoke fans moaning about TV coverage - that is complete nonsense. They get plenty of coverage, and look at the millions they get from TV - hundreds of times what L1 and L2 clubs get. It is VALE, and other clubs like us - the poor sods in L1, L2 and below who are moaning at how we get the crumbs, and less of them, as time goes by.

L1 and L2 sides are lucky to get televised at all, maybe the odd FA Cup tie and one league game a season perhaps, but not the Dagenhans, Accringtons, Crawleys and Colchesters very often.

National newspapers used to cover every league 1 and 2 game with a small report - mostly gone too.

I don't want to see the 'class of 92' - I'm sick of Beckham and Scholes faces that have blighted my screen for so many years, I don't want to see matches reviewed by has-been failure England managers like Glenn Hoddle, or financially disasterous allegedly dodgy semi-illiterate morons like Harry Redknapp.

Why not have people like John Rudge and others who have spent a lifetime in the game on TV a bit more often, even Steve Evans and Micky Adams for some proper entertainment, or just real journalists preferably who don't need speech therapy and say 'you know' every sentence.

Football fascism at its worst.

Archived