onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Loan Signing

Twitters

****wit Gannon strikes again...

We seem to have entered the horror of Gannon mk 3 now...

Gannon 1 - arrive, **** everyone off, seek to break a good side up and fall on your face

Gannon 2 - realise that what you are attempting to do is nonsense, that the players will not play it, and kind of step back and see results improve sort of

Gannon 3 - check no one is looking any more, start to go back to mad formations and team selections and start down the lunatic trail all over again

This signing smacks of mad formations again - with a back 4 and Exodus and now Blizzard in front of them, no creative midfielder and confusion up front...because, of course, Exodus Gannon can never be dropped...

Gannon 3 - the nightmare returns!

Advert

Where's that Gannonmeter gone? Should have swung a bit towards the insane. We've already got the best defensive midfielder in the league - Griff (last year's player of the season in a team that finished just outside the play offs). I can only hope the great G knows what he is doing, 'cos I sure as hell don't.

The lad has "Featured" in 7 Bristol Rovers games all season.

He averages around 16 games per season in his nearly 10 year career.

If he gets thrown in today ahead of the likes of players like Robbo and Griff, il be well miffed.

He will get in the side -you know it, I know it....it will be the dynamic duo of Blizzard and Exodus GeGannon sitting in front of the defence, which leaves us with Haldane and Loft, I suspect, in midfield....Pope and Richards up front.

It doesn't fill me with confidence...just a madman

The lad has "Featured" in 7 Bristol Rovers games all season.

He averages around 16 games per season in his nearly 10 year career.

If he gets thrown in today ahead of the likes of players like Robbo and Griff, il be well miffed.

Spunk T, with the greatest respect, that is nonsense. Blizzard is injury prone, but so were M.Walsh and L.Matthews. If they were fit, you would find a place for them. Blizzard is a better footballer than Griff, no question. In my view (based on watching Roberts a lot and Blizzard maybe 10-15 times at Stockport) he is also a better footballer than Roberts. Let's give the bloke a chance, you might be surprised ;)

Spunk T, with the greatest respect, that is nonsense. Blizzard is injury prone, but so were M.Walsh and L.Matthews. If they were fit, you would find a place for them. Blizzard is a better footballer than Griff, no question. In my view (based on watching Roberts a lot and Blizzard maybe 10-15 times at Stockport) he is also a better footballer than Roberts. Let's give the bloke a chance, you might be surprised ;)

Do you actually watch the match?

Roberts, despite having a poor game last week was still far better than any other of our midfielders on show!

We cant all be wrong can we?

Roberts, despite having a poor game last week was still far better than any other of our midfielders on show!

Home and away mate.

Regarding "everyone being wrong", maybe not, though people are very quick to jump on the back of the likes of Exodus etc... but when Roberts or Pope makes a poor pass/misses a sitter, nobody makes a comment. They are League 2 for a reason. Get behind them, and let's see if we can all make something of this season.

Also, most people were wrong on McCombe, Tankard, Guppy, Togwell, Brooker etc... at various stages of their Vale career.

I have no opinion on the player as I have never seen him on the pitch BUT his signing is another statement by Gannon about the type of formation he wants us to play - and I think it is crap! If we don't score goals we don't win, simple. The formations I suspect he will play may well stop other teams scoring but will leave far too much for the attackers up front or in midfield (if we have any) to do if we are to win matches.

Oh come on, we all know Roberts has quality but he was beyond dire last week

Also, most people were wrong on McCombe, Tankard, Guppy, Togwell, Brooker etc... at various stages of their Vale career.

Dont think people were wrong, the players just improved. McCombe was awful under sinnott (as was griff and many others), no getting around it. He has done fantastically and should win player of the season this year. It doesnt mean he was great and we didnt notice. Same with Tankard when he first came. Guppy was always class though.

I'm not sure why this signing is in the slightest bit necessary but we seem to be throwing money at something when we have proven resources who aren't too shabby at this level.

It seems that Gannon asks and the board say yes. They are getting themselves in a pickle with a strong minded manager that pulls no punches and they know if they say no Gannon will refer to lack of funds in an interview like last time. They wouldn't want to present another reason to supporters to justify the need for Mo

Archived