onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Loan Signing

Twitters

Advert

What bothers me a little bit about Gannon, from what I've seen so far, is that he appears to worry more about the opposition than concentrating on our own strengths. Whenever he talks about the game it's nearly always about how good so and so is and they've got this player and that. I wonder if he truly has got this negative, defensive mentality and it gets through to the team.

From now on in we need goals and wins not draws.

I can't see where these goals are going to come from. And that is a big worry.

If we keep playing his daft formation - with little pace and creativity - and more defenders than offensive minded players in the team - it isn't going to happen.

I don't know the stats but I reckon we must have the worst goalscoring record from open play in the whole division!

I would rather see us going for broke and playing 4.4.2 with the likes of Taylor,Dodds, Rigg & Loft being given a game, rather than another boring 90 minutes. As I say, draws are no good.

Sounds like a good player. Not the position we need , but I wont hold that against the player. Personally I think if we are to play the formation gannon wants, then we need an attacking midfielder. No one has shown that they can play that position yet. In the short time gannon has been here, he has played at least five players in that position (loft, roberts, morsey, O'shea, dodds), which suggests that is a problem area. Will be interesting next week when Owen is back to fitness, as to where gannon plays exodus/blizzard/owen. Can see many fans being happy if exodus sees the season out at centre half leaving owen on the bench.

Spunk T, with the greatest respect, that is nonsense. Blizzard is injury prone, but so were M.Walsh and L.Matthews. If they were fit, you would find a place for them. Blizzard is a better footballer than Griff, no question. In my view (based on watching Roberts a lot and Blizzard maybe 10-15 times at Stockport) he is also a better footballer than Roberts. Let's give the bloke a chance, you might be surprised ;)

You should be locked up your insane, betterthan Roberts what a numpty

I'm not sure why this signing is in the slightest bit necessary but we seem to be throwing money at something when we have proven resources who aren't too shabby at this level.

It seems that Gannon asks and the board say yes. They are getting themselves in a pickle with a strong minded manager that pulls no punches and they know if they say no Gannon will refer to lack of funds in an interview like last time. They wouldn't want to present another reason to supporters to justify the need for Mo

Spot on - we had no money 5 minutes ago to keep Pope etc and yet somehow we magic this out of the air.

Gannon is after packing the side with 'his' boys - with pretty predictable consequences, I would say.

Sounds like a good player. Not the position we need , but I wont hold that against the player. Personally I think if we are to play the formation gannon wants, then we need an attacking midfielder. No one has shown that they can play that position yet. In the short time gannon has been here, he has played at least five players in that position (loft, roberts, morsey, O'shea, dodds), which suggests that is a problem area. Will be interesting next week when Owen is back to fitness, as to where gannon plays exodus/blizzard/owen. Can see many fans being happy if exodus sees the season out at centre half leaving owen on the bench.

I won't hold it against the player either. I think Gegannon is pants, but thats not his fault necessarily, more the fault of the clown who picks him for every match and other clowns over the years who have convinced him that he is a professional footballer.

I hear good things about this lad, but that isn't the point. Its like me having a good reliable car - not wonderful, but good and doing what I want it to do - and then buying,first, a worse car and then a better car (but probably no better than the one I have), whilst my house is falling to bits, my cooker doesn't really work, my fridge isn't cutting it and my TV isn't ace either.

We don't really have a problem with the attacking midfielder do we? Roberts is the player, form permitting supported by a wide man or widish man. Gannon has made it a problem, though, through his own stupidity and arrogance and now you have a bunch of players with no confidence who are not sure if they are playing from one game to the next.

And I can easily see Gegannon playing in place of Owen - Gannon has been keen to 'teach Owen a lesson' in my view since day 1.

Two defensive midfielders against Accrington sodding Stanley?

No thanks!

Tommo

Yates/McCombe/Collins/Taylor

Dodds/Morsy/Loft/Taylor

Pope/Rico

Goal scoring problem solved Gannon you spoon.

Spot on mate, its scary that we are employing 2 defensive midfielders against p iss poor sides.

I know some players have already questioned why we were playing 1 up front at home to sides like barnet!

Two defensive midfielders against Accrington sodding Stanley?

No thanks!

Tommo

Yates/McCombe/Collins/Taylor

Dodds/Morsy/Loft/Taylor

Pope/Rico

Goal scoring problem solved Gannon you spoon.

It really annoys me how obvious that is.

Archived