onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

End these tragic tuesdays

Bea Smith

I'm quite prepared to be shot down by some for this but the time has come for some radical change on our midweek home league performances on tuesdays.

My suggestions is to get rid of Tuesday home league games and play them on Wednesday. At worst it should make little or no difference, at best we might just find the extra day after the weekend helps us enormously.

Would more people attend ? Again, no reason why it should be worse gates, might just be better.

It may not be possible to change anything for the rest of this season, but plan to play next season midweek home games on a Wednesday and see if it helps.

Many years ago now, Vale played on Monday nights and gates were relatively good for midweek, but I cant see them going back to Sat /Mon games so Wednesday is probably the only possible way to change it.

The Teams we are playing dont seem to have a problem with saturday-tuesday, which suggests the porblem lies with our players/manager. A poor attitude, unfit, poorly motivated....who knows.

Moving to wednesday gives the opposition an extra days rest too so they would probably beat us more easily.

Advert

I'm quite prepared to be shot down by some for this but the time has come for some radical change on our midweek home league performances on tuesdays.

My suggestions is to get rid of Tuesday home league games and play them on Wednesday. At worst it should make little or no difference, at best we might just find the extra day after the weekend helps us enormously.

Would more people attend ? Again, no reason why it should be worse gates, might just be better.

It may not be possible to change anything for the rest of this season, but plan to play next season midweek home games on a Wednesday and see if it helps.

Many years ago now, Vale played on Monday nights and gates were relatively good for midweek, but I cant see them going back to Sat /Mon games so Wednesday is probably the only possible way to change it.

Usually the same for both teams so why we don't 'turn up' and the other team does is beyond me. Don't think a change of night would make much difference. Maybe learning how to defend corners might help !

On a serious note someone put a picture of the Vale lads training Tuesday afternoon on Facebook. Not sure but have they always trained a few hours before a game?? Of course could of been the kids. But perhaps the routine / pre match meal is diff in midweek.

Having said that, like Paul said, they didn't have problems raising their game against Burnley or West Brom.

This thread is funny.

The thread is one of several genuine efforts to try and improve things for Vale, many are not going to be either practical or possible but many great innovations have come from such a 'brainstorming' approach.

Perhaps you would like to contribute some positive thoughts of your own, or at least reasons why or why not some of the suggestions might work or fail to try and help out your club, if not there are plenty of dumbed down daytime TV programmes for you to watch.

What are we going to do if we still keep losing on Wednesdays? Perhaps we could try a Thursday morning? I enjoy my Saturday's at the Vale so I hope we don't start losing a few, you'll want to scrap them.

I think you're the one that needs to stick to daytime TV instead of trying to change the football calendar because we've lost a couple of games.

Rory for Prime Minister

Dont know they were born, in the 50s Vale always played on a Monday, ko varied between 4 and 6.30 depending on the time of the year, before we had floodlights. Or if there were a lot of fixtures to catch up towards the end of the season Tuesday and Thursday.

We r garbage on a tues Millwall Bristol City etc we r so poor should get every tues game called off cause we dusner turn up anyway .

If your a supporter who can only get to tues night matches your opinion of Vale wouldnt be very positive .

So sod the tuesday games off

This thread is funny.

Humour often helps..it's a serious matter in many ways but well...

I suspect the problem is that ever since it opened, Monday night has always been KFC night for the players so they are still feeling the effects of a bargain bucket come Tuesday night.

What are we going to do if we still keep losing on Wednesdays? Perhaps we could try a Thursday morning? I enjoy my Saturday's at the Vale so I hope we don't start losing a few, you'll want to scrap them.

How are you fixed for 4 am every other Thursday instead of 3 pm Saturday..it's got to be worth a try ;)

we r garbage on a tues millwall bristol city etc we r so poor should get every tues game called off cause we dusner turn up anyway .

If your a supporter who can only get to tues night matches your opinion of vale wouldnt be very positive .

So sod the tuesday games off

gyf

Archived