onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Loyalty Card

Yukon

Have a bit of sympathy, there are not many who travel this far. Back on topic, the loyalty card would give a good indication of attendance patterns, weekend or midweek, etc. The option of access to buy tickets etc. should also reduce pay on the day demand and reduce the need for more tills when we become more successful.

It never went off topic!!!

Advert

They would be great, there are plenty of Vale fans who live out of the area, so a loyalty/membership card would make getting tickets for games & stuff from the club shop easier.

The club then has a good idea of who is buying what, what games they are going to.

Get it sponsored by a courier company, you even have the delivery side of stuff taken care of.

Loyalty cards are a good idea as long as they don't cost a lot to set up and run, to me, another good idea and one I suggested to Smurf, is to allow club shop gift vouchers to be redeemable against the cost of tickets, 10 game tickets or even season tickets.

People could buy 5 ,10, 20 £ worth each week, and friends and family could buy them for birthdays, Christmas etc.

Not really! The fact your live and work abroad is your choice and the money you spend travelling/ staying over does not benefit the club. Where does it end checking employment status and incomes? It's completely unfeasible to take travel arrangements into account

Truth is, if you lived locally you wouldn't care about such an issue and that is the case for the vast majority of Vale fans

Wrong!!!This lad has supported the Vale for years and has spent thousands doing so,not all on travel and staying over here.He spends loads on merchandise THAT DOES BENEFIT THE CLUB.

Not sure if this may work but could the club offer a season ticket gift-card scheme where people could buy vouchers for xmas/birthdays for family/friends.

I know there must be hundreds of people out there who don't know what to buy sons/fathers etc for birthdays and xmas - my kids especially struggle with me, but a gift-card which could be used against the cost of next years season ticket would be a nice gesture.

Doesn't exactly benefit the club directly but it may bring in valuable revenue prior to the January transfer window, it may also alleviate the cost of a season ticket in May which might in turn make it easier for some folk to have a season ticket?

Not sure if this may work but could the club offer a season ticket gift-card scheme where people could buy vouchers for xmas/birthdays for family/friends.

I know there must be hundreds of people out there who don't know what to buy sons/fathers etc for birthdays and xmas - my kids especially struggle with me, but a gift-card which could be used against the cost of next years season ticket would be a nice gesture.

Doesn't exactly benefit the club directly but it may bring in valuable revenue prior to the January transfer window, it may also alleviate the cost of a season ticket in May which might in turn make it easier for some folk to have a season ticket?

Very similar idea to my suggestion in post#36 except the shop already sells gift vouchers, all it needs is for someone (Smurf) to allow them to be used against the cost of tickets.

Very similar idea to my suggestion in post#36 except the shop already sells gift vouchers, all it needs is for someone (Smurf) to allow them to be used against the cost of tickets.

Guess the gate vouchers should also be allowed to be used.After all the money is still going to Vale.

Wrong!!!This lad has supported the Vale for years and has spent thousands doing so,not all on travel and staying over here.He spends loads on merchandise THAT DOES BENEFIT THE CLUB.

Whoosh! Are you related by any chance?

I (sort of) choose to work on Saturday afternoons as working then is part of the deal with working for my employers at all. Nevertheless it's still my choice.

On topic, any offers directed toward the fans who turn up for night matches would be gratefully received, especially by me.

Not wrong- the money spent at the club would be rewarded! I'm not knocking him or anyone else, I just think taking the travel etc into account is simply too much

Not wrong- the money spent at the club would be rewarded! I'm not knocking him or anyone else, I just think taking the travel etc into account is simply too much

Of course it is! You have proposed a free bonus scheme, it's utterly stupid to say that people should get extra rewards for coming from further away, or whatever. I'm amazed some fans don't want Norman to come to their seats, bring them a beer and wipe their backsides when they go to the toilet.

How do you define loyalty?

The person who has been every game so far and buys the new shirts or people like myself who have been to only 4 matches this season but as a result that included 11 nights in a hotel, 6 flights, 6 taxi journeys from the airport and endless grief from the mrs!!

I get to around 10-15 games a season but when we get all ticket games like Crewe and West Brom im never guaranteed a ticket because i dont have a ST (not feasible living abroad) and therefore its hit and miss whether i can go.

Im not the only one who travels over to watch a game and there are many more who live in England but way out if the area who go that extra mile.

Loyalty cards are all well and good but peoples circumstances must also be taken into consideration.

I can't agree cos where does that end..is the bloke earning 12K a year and buying a season tocket more loyal than the bloke earing 50K and doling the same? So the one on less should get cheaper tickets etc

Keep it simple..you turn up to X matches you get some sort of reward

I can't agree cos where does that end..is the bloke earning 12K a year and buying a season tocket more loyal than the bloke earing 50K and doling the same? So the one on less should get cheaper tickets etc

Keep it simple..you turn up to X matches you get some sort of reward

Wouldnt that exclude other purchases?

Archived