onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Independent Police review

Fuzzy Dunlop

The issue here is that the police never seem to learn, or if they do its one thing at a time i.e the police dogs not being a weapon. The stairs near the Tommy's had no police at all on them. The idiots from SU came running up them and the poor two stewards were left on their own. It took me telling the officers for them to realise that they had got up the stairs.

The Police have failed again and this is worrying because they failed to manage a situation that should have been easy for them. They also seem to take the stance of throwing their weight around but only at the Vale fans. The issue here was the SU fans they should have blocked them off and made sure that they got no where near the wall.

Having said all of this, if the idiots did not throw punches and stones etc there would not be a issue. They are fools for getting involved, so the police mistakes are one thing but the does not excuse the idiots.

Advert

I just hope that the behaviour of a few scumbags hasnt put the final nail in for a baffled, under appreciated chairman.

The more he tries the more Vale fans let him and the rest of us down.

They should all be ashamed but i bet they are laughing and bragging to their scummy mates.

Police could have done better yes but if the fans could have just walked away laughing at 3 points gained this wouldnt have happened.

Like I said Scum.

Keep the away fans in for 15 mins, Police ensure no morons are hanging around to goad them when they are let out, then everyone can get home quickly and safely. Anybody who is hanging about gets what they deserve.

Simples!

Shhhhhhhhhh Thats common sense and wont give the police the overtime bonus....

Do you really think someone enjoys having to face a Moron intent on trouble. I know I don't enjoy pain, and surely anybody who does is slightly ****ed in the head. So I'm sure the Police would be far happier drinking Tea in the station or taking their kids out for the day.

One point I'd like to make to people with children, elderly people in attendance etc is that if you are coming from the RS or RP the leave via the backside of the stadium and walk past the bycars. You will see no mither or trouble leaving that way. It may take a few moments more but is only necessary at games such as Saturday. Common sense. The first I heard of trouble was on the radio.

totally agree I've parked on dimensions for years now, but if you live around the burslem area you could walk to the back of the bycars and either go left for burslem or go right to go towards smallthorne etc theres no need to walk infront of the away end especially when there are big away followings.

A lot of the comment on here is just a rehash of the same ill informed police hating rhetoric that followed the Wolves game.

Keeping supporters in football stadiums is very rarely done anymore and can only be done when there is intelligence of serious disorder taking place posters are even quoting games in recent years where they were held back Wolves being a common one,that must have passed me by because i certainly wasn't held back.

Another poster states that Millwall hold supporters back for 15-30 mins at the end of every game, no they do not and the last time it was done was in a local derby against WHU.

The FSF who represent us football supporters are totally against it and in the past have offered the opinion that fans are being unlawfully detained against their human rights. If Staffs Police started using that tactic in conjunction with the club (it is the club stewards that have to keep people inside the clubs premises ) how long before both the Police and Port Vale are sued by a visiting supporter with the assistance of the FSF.

I am not saying that the police are always without fault they quite clearly have issues with their intelligence the Donny game was massively over policed, no one expected any issue at that fixture and there wasn't any, the Wigan game was always going to attract idiots but there were no police to be found. The Sheffield game was always going to be problematic we don't like each other.

Future games, there will doubtlessly be problems against Shrewsbury,Chesterfield, Crewe, Barnsley, Coventry and Burton if we lose, in short when there is a decent sized away following at VP there will be trouble we all know that is the case yet when there are cops seen certain posters come out with the same old garbage about being over policed, we are not we as a club have a real problem and sure as hell the political **** measuring completion between Smurf and the PCC isn't helping.

As for the comment about Police loving the trouble as it helps with overtime bonuses, what an absolute load of uneducated garbage, the girl that was run over was a special constable she along with many that police both Vale and Stoke games don't get paid a penny for putting themselves at risk, i am sure the OB that was hit in the face with a brick would much prefer not to have been paid (if indeed he was as the majority that police football matches are taken off their everyday work) than to have been hit by a brick.

When on our travels just stop to ask what the opinion of Port Vale fans is to most other supporters and if they enjoy a trip to Vale park - no they don't because its a horrible aggressive place to be as an opposing football fan, out of all of the pubs in Burslem how many can away fans drink in ?, and yet we wonder why visiting supporter numbers are so low, perhaps if we didn't try and beat the crap out of them they might come in larger numbers and put more money into our coffers and the police bill may come down.

A lot of the comment on here is just a rehash of the same ill informed police hating rhetoric that followed the Wolves game.

Keeping supporters in football stadiums is very rarely done anymore and can only be done when there is intelligence of serious disorder taking place posters are even quoting games in recent years where they were held back Wolves being a common one,that must have passed me by because i certainly wasn't held back.

Another poster states that Millwall hold supporters back for 15-30 mins at the end of every game, no they do not and the last time it was done was in a local derby against WHU.

The FSF who represent us football supporters are totally against it and in the past have offered the opinion that fans are being unlawfully detained against their human rights. If Staffs Police started using that tactic in conjunction with the club (it is the club stewards that have to keep people inside the clubs premises ) how long before both the Police and Port Vale are sued by a visiting supporter with the assistance of the FSF.

I am not saying that the police are always without fault they quite clearly have issues with their intelligence the Donny game was massively over policed, no one expected any issue at that fixture and there wasn't any, the Wigan game was always going to attract idiots but there were no police to be found. The Sheffield game was always going to be problematic we don't like each other.

Future games, there will doubtlessly be problems against Shrewsbury,Chesterfield, Crewe, Barnsley, Coventry and Burton if we lose, in short when there is a decent sized away following at VP there will be trouble we all know that is the case yet when there are cops seen certain posters come out with the same old garbage about being over policed, we are not we as a club have a real problem and sure as hell the political **** measuring completion between Smurf and the PCC isn't helping.

As for the comment about Police loving the trouble as it helps with overtime bonuses, what an absolute load of uneducated garbage, the girl that was run over was a special constable she along with many that police both Vale and Stoke games don't get paid a penny for putting themselves at risk, i am sure the OB that was hit in the face with a brick would much prefer not to have been paid (if indeed he was as the majority that police football matches are taken off their everyday work) than to have been hit by a brick.

When on our travels just stop to ask what the opinion of Port Vale fans is to most other supporters and if they enjoy a trip to Vale park - no they don't because its a horrible aggressive place to be as an opposing football fan, out of all of the pubs in Burslem how many can away fans drink in ?, and yet we wonder why visiting supporter numbers are so low, perhaps if we didn't try and beat the crap out of them they might come in larger numbers and put more money into our coffers and the police bill may come down.

Well put!

Now I'm aware that police cannot hold fans in after game.....until I've found out that Millwall do it every game near enough,and stoke were held in on Saturday, and I'm told we were at West Bromwich.

So surely works for them....so why not at Vale park?... Stops things happening straight after the game.

This has got be the solution... Our idiots will soon realise nothing going to happen after as they not coming out at same time.

Is it me or is this simple common sense??!

This is not true as I have been held back at some away matches. Also, if it protects people then were is the issue. They have the power to protect public order. Now anyone with half a brain would have seen how the SU fans were at the end of the match, so stopping them getting out would have been the best option but no-one seems to be able to make a decision on the day. They stick to a plan even when the wheels have fell of that plan.

Also are you saying that the normal officers are doing it for the love of the job ? They get overtime and at the end of the day who would not like that. Although I am sure its not intentionally caused by the police, it is a simple fact that trouble justifies the police presence and the overtime bill.

The issue here is that the money used is either Vale money or tax payer money, so the police have to get it right. Its simple really certain games attract idiots and certain ones don't. The police have got it wrong on a number of occasions and this has lead to higher bills. This should be looked into as the intelligence that they are getting seems to be rubbish.

That match could have been sorted in one of two ways, either keep them in for 15 mins or have a line of stewards and police so that they can not get any further than their buses. I have had that at matches and there has been no issues. The police have a few on the Vale side making sure people carry on moving. The issue here was that the SU came charging at people trying to make their way home. A lot of vale fans had no choice but to go that way.

Archived