onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Independent Police review

Fuzzy Dunlop

Advert

What is the considered opinion around this ?, personally I don't think it's a bad idea and may get us a reasonable result, I think the best result would be the appropriate number of cops and not the overkill we saw against Doncaster but a few more than we saw against Wigan :dizzy:

According to this ovf front page article the 'Review' has been commissioned by Mr Ellis'. If this means it will also be funded by his 'office' then, in my opinion, it cannot be considered 'independent' - even more so if the Police set the agenda/questions to be addressed.

I'm normally a big fan of the police and think they do an excellent job under difficult circumstances, genuinely. That is apart from at football matches. I appreciate that there is the potential for trouble and that some go with that intention at the forefront of their minds but the majority aren't yet still we are all treated the same.

I think the report will be a right stitch up, loaded in the police's favour and then used as a stick to beat us with. It will say they are right and we are wrong so every time we complain about the ridiculous OTT tactics like at the Donny game (which a blind idiot could tell was a joke), they'll wave the report at us and say they're right. Basically, it'll make us the old bill's bitch

I'm a cynic though.

As you may know I have been speaking a lot to the Football Supporters Federation (FSF) and this is one of the things that they told me about.

I had to wait till it was officially announced before I could publish the article though.

There is a lot going on regarding policing at Vale Park and I would say that this (welcome) independent review is only the start.

p.s. For any cynics (Yukon ;) ) I know the person chosen for the review is highly regarded by the FSF and they expect him to be fair and impartial. He's no police stooge!

As you may know I have been speaking a lot to the Football Supporters Federation (FSF) and this is one of the things that they told me about.

I had to wait till it was officially announced before I could publish the article though.

There is a lot going on regarding policing at Vale Park and I would say that this (welcome) independent review is only the start.

p.s. For any cynics (Yukon ;) ) I know the person chosen for the review is highly regarded by the FSF and they expect him to be fair and impartial. He's no police stooge!

That's good enough for me then Robert!

Okay Rob, I'll keep my own counsel :)

Should establish why they go to great lengths to separate the fans before the game (fence / vehicle / dogs / horses/ officers), and then happily let everybody out together on Hamil Road at the end of the game, where decent people then have to run the gauntlet of those who want to fight. We are kept in on occasions, Wolves and WBA spring to mind, so why don't we do the same?

Having just watched that video of the idiots in Hamil Road, one thing was very apparent. There was not a single football shirt to be seen on anyone. It could have been an incident in the middle of a town. Most of these clowns seem to attend football matches as their means of causing a disturbance. What a society we live in.

Having just watched that video of the idiots in Hamil Road, one thing was very apparent. There was not a single football shirt to be seen on anyone. It could have been an incident in the middle of a town. Most of these clowns seem to attend football matches as their means of causing a disturbance. What a society we live in.

I'm not sure I understand your logic.

Lots of people go to games without wearing club paraphernalia - it doesn't make them hooligans.

Hooligans wearing colours went out with scarves round wrists and hobnail bovver boots!!

Archived