• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Off to the States?

bobbymanc

Owen's achilles injury sounds like a big problem to me.

We know what it means for a player to miss pre-season. He's never the same again for 12 months. They've kept that quiet and it is a major worry.

Where is MacDonald? I don't think he's yet played has he?

I'd be extremely worried if Owen's injury is a serious one.

I agree. I get very worried when players miss pre-season. They are often rushed back because they and the fans have become impatient. He needs to come back slowly and try and play in a few bounce matches if possible.

Advert:

"Not these days, no" was a tongue in cheek comment because we haven't played at Ibrox since May!

It's OK. Not for run of the mill league games but bigger games it's good. Tickets for Old Firm games are tough but getting easier due to increased prices. I paid £40 for the Cup game at Ibrox last year. It's going to be £42 this year.

Rangers v Aberdeen or Celtic v Hearts would be good matches to go to if you want to experience it. The European matches too, if either get anywhere in Europe this year.

Rangers play Chelsea on August 6th at Ibrox. That should be a good day and a good atmosphere. Vale are at home so you've got a free weekend.

Ah, the sarcasm flew right over my head via the medium of the web.

I've got a mate going to the Chelsea game in their end. Sadly I'm already otherwise engaged otherwise I dare say that would have been a good un to tag along to.

I'll bear in mind the suggested games though - cheers.

I agree. I get very worried when players miss pre-season. They are often rushed back because they and the fans have become impatient. He needs to come back slowly and try and play in a few bounce matches if possible.

Worst time of season to be injured. Can take months to get back up to speed due to the fitness work they miss, although these days the way the players look after themselves is a benefit to getting back up to speed quicker.

Personally, I've got faith in Collins and Boom if required, but if Owen and McDonald are both injured it leaves us looking short of cover.

you're not a vale fan if you aint going watch them at home. if we go up you'll go and then you're a glory hunter! SEO = pathetic individuals that want to destroy port vale

so now it appears you're a pathetic attention seeker who is not actually going, big man

so now it appears you're a pathetic attention seeker who is not actually going, big man

Nah he's a little boy that looks like Adrian Mole - only less attractive.

Wind up is his middle name.

Advert:

He's expressing another point of view...

You're not advocating silencing those with a different point of view, are you? :unsure:

I'm saying he's not on the flight with me and Dan. That's fact rather than trying to silence a different point of view.

I'm saying he's not on the flight with me and Dan. That's fact rather than trying to silence a different point of view.

And he is saying he is going....

I don't believe he is either, but he has got the right to lie. You're either for free speech or you're not. Just because that free speech is nonsense is irrelevant.

You only needed to look at ow useless Haldane was last season to see the importance of pre-season. Not his fault at all, and I'm hoping that Haldane getting a full workout early doors will mean that it'll be like having an extra player in the squad from last season.

I'm suprised Owen isn't travelling despite his injury considering the coaching role he now has. I suppose there's still a youth team and a handful of reserves who'll need looking after during the trip mind.

you're not a vale fan if you aint going watch them at home. if we go up you'll go and then you're a glory hunter! SEO = pathetic individuals that want to destroy port vale

vale fan as glory hunters now that has cheered me up :laugh::laugh:

===

individuals who want to destroy port vale :rolleyes: guess you mean the 3 directors? no i forgot the 4 if you include Adams...........:unsure:

===

Advert:

We don't know where that £50k came from or when it came in to play.

Well according to Mr Lee in the Sentinel it came from one director. According to Mr Lloyd, it came from all five directors sharing the cost. In either case, it's significant investment which was not put into the club. Sad really. Directors starving them out by putting their money elsewhere.

You only needed to look at ow useless Haldane was last season to see the importance of pre-season. Not his fault at all, and I'm hoping that Haldane getting a full workout early doors will mean that it'll be like having an extra player in the squad from last season.

I'm suprised Owen isn't travelling despite his injury considering the coaching role he now has. I suppose there's still a youth team and a handful of reserves who'll need looking after during the trip mind.

I missed most of last season when Haldane was back, think I only saw him at Aldershot where he was the best player on the pitch by a mile, even when he hurt himself until he went off.

Not heard many good reports since then though, would be a shame if he doesn't fulfill his potential.

By total chance I may be in Texas about the time of the friendlies. Be a hoot to turn up on expenses with a BnG scarf. I may have trouble sorting the flights (internal) to see a game and call it "on company business". Maybe a board member can help me with how to creatively fill in the claim?

By total chance I may be in Texas about the time of the friendlies. Be a hoot to turn up on expenses with a BnG scarf. I may have trouble sorting the flights (internal) to see a game and call it "on company business". Maybe a board member can help me with how to creatively fill in the claim?

As I have already said, it's more than 2,000 miles from here in DFW. Not exactly a hop, skip and a jump, Pete. Let me know if you're going.

Roberts is banned from the US. Bet you.

has robbo been in prison? i no i looked into goin out to america for a bit of a **** up but the travel agent said i cant go because id done a couple of brief stints inside (oops :ninja: lol). well harsh but we are where we are i spose!

Advert:

has robbo been in prison? i no i looked into goin out to america for a bit of a **** up but the travel agent said i cant go because id done a couple of brief stints inside (oops :ninja: lol). well harsh but we are where we are i spose!

Back in the 60's my dad was mates with a communist (UK) member. Cos of that he was denied a visa and a job with McDonald Douglas. Good job. Far as I'm concerned.

What a damned waste of time going to the USA at this time of pre season, and committed to doing it for the next 9 years absolutely ridiculous and is it for the benefit of the team?, will it give them an advantage at the start of the season?,I dont think so, Bratt is dragging them there for a half baked sponsorship deal that will cement his place on the board, for this alone he should resign.

And I hope Adams doesn't start moaning about preparation because he is part of the problem now :yes:

What a damned waste of time going to the USA at this time of pre season, and committed to doing it for the next 9 years absolutely ridiculous and is it for the benefit of the team?, will it give them an advantage at the start of the season?,I dont think so, Bratt is dragging them there for a half baked sponsorship deal that will cement his place on the board, for this alone he should resign.

And I hope Adams doesn't start moaning about preparation because he is part of the problem now :yes:

How can you possibly say that at this stage? The trip may well be great success?

Archived