onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How do we improve attendances?

woodypvfc

Advert

Ticket price of £20 rather than £22 - handing over one note rather than two is a brain game.

Better facilities at the ground - railway toilets (portacabins in 2015 - really!).

Home performances to improve - create the believe on a Saturday that your team is going to win. The current ratio of home wins in poor.

Incentives for double match ticket purchases when we have Saturday/Tuesday fixtures. Make it a regular offer rather than a one off offer, and publicise it.

When we sign new players they almost always seem confined to the reserves for months - losing the impact and excitement of new signings, whilst the old school fill up the bench no matter what.

Players to give 100% each game, giving the fans belief. So far in September we've turned up twice (Wigan & Fleetwood) and been below par four times (Carlisle, Millwall, Bury, and Oldham).

Coaching staff to develop a plan B - fans have little confidence in the plan B. Other teams work us out too easily and its game over.

The performance on the pitch from the Sheffield game will improve attendances. Great performance and cracking commitment. Proud of all.

The issue stopping young families attending is the constant trouble at the Hamil End / Railway Paddock and the mass Police riot gear presence.

Norman - I attend games with my Dad (74) and Daughter (10). All of us love the Vale and always will. However, the idiots causing the trouble make my daughter and dad not want to attend. Life bans - home and away - for all supporters causing the trouble please.

As stated, I think that the freshers week events at the poly and university would be great opportunities. Get a stall, offer concession priced tickets in return for a sign up to email/ mobile notifications and even ring round the next day to ascertain numbers and lay on a free bus. I don't think it's too far fetched to imagine we could get 100 extra bodies in. Keep the buses going throughout the season (I'm thinking it's a bit of a trek from Keele to Burslem and many won't be bothered without having their ***** wiped). If no-one takes us up on it, we've not really lost anything. Keep chipping away on a weekly basis, maybe offer the cheaper tickets for specific games throughout the season. Keele is quite a sports orientated university too, isn't it?

I'll bet a fair few hard working locals would get (somewhat justifiably) upset at students getting concessions and free transport

However, some sort of presence at Keele etc would generate some interest and needn't cost much so would probably generate a return..maybe even a one or two match concession just to entice them.

As I stated on another thread, the thing that stops me from attending more regularly is the cost. I'm unable to work due to health problems. One of our recent away games I noticed they had concessions for unemployed (it was £14 if my memory serves me right) if we were to do a similar thing I would be able to attend more.

When i go in exchange my 10 game voucher tickets for tickets think they have my address email etc ,why dont they use it with offers for them who dont come ?

Student price ,etc use ya imagination ,a season.ticket holder can get there m8 in.cheaper (.is m8 might be man utd fan but doesnt mind paying a tenner watch Vale etc ) .

I know a few who don't go at all or not regular for their own reasons if people gave names and addresses in at the club they could send them letters out saying we need you give them offers or insentives to go. in this day and age vale should have a data base with all fans names on and should be able to target stay away fans we missed out on the chance in the promotion season to do this.

Not been a game this season purely down to the price with a young family to support

I don't know your actual circumstances, and if things are really desperate then ignore this and I apologise, but surely the JPT games at massively reduced admission, like tonight, are ones to target for those of us who have little spare cash.

Archived