onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Average attendance.

Spunk Trumpet

I don't really care how much the Chairman has put into the club.He will have to put a lot more in come Feb/Mar when gates are traditionally low and if the anticipated el nino weather predictions are true we could have a lot of postponements with no money coming in, followed by replaying the postponed games mid week which are also traditionally low.

If he doesn't like putting money in he can always put the club up for sale at what the club is worth, which is less than he was talked in to paying off the administrators. Including the freehold as the club is worth nothing without the ground.

Before the Smurf lovers come on and lambast me for daring to say this, I am grateful for what he did in taking the club off the administrators, but he is a big boy and I am sure that he is not the only Chairman to have pumped in millions chasing the dream. It is his decision.

Very informative,l wish l had met you before PW bought the Club

l have factored in the doomsday scenario for the weather hit games

Last season l got berated for suggesting support to sign a Prem striker instead should sign and watch the crowds return

This Season the budget was spent before Streete,OConnor,Uche,AJ,Alnwick,Grant,Innis and JJ came on board.

Now l wonder how the team would be fairing without them

My other option is to follow Crawley,s example and reduce the budget next season by 2/3rds and take a long holiday

Advert

Why ?

Because our manager decided to waste the budget signing players blatantly not good enough for this division or even the one below! It's ridiculous that after last season players like birchall, Yates, Johnson, Lloyd ect and even Williamson were offered deals. The signings made have been excellent but if these garbage players were let go then we could have actually had another decent forward! It's clear page wasted the budget and then smurf has had to dig deep to get us out of a right mess.

smurf ...can you please tell me what you're expecting to get out of this article..... will it encourage others to come to watch? i doubt it.... its not a positive article and not sure about the timing of it either

Well last season at this time Lee Powers owner of Swindon did a rallying call support or players will depart

It worked for him guess it will not for me

Norman surely you are going to recoup your investment by selling on the he young players you bought in ?

What is the long term plan for the club?It was stated championship football, is that going to happen on a league two budget.If you wait for increased crowds to give you a championship budget you'll wait a long time with out the success on the pitch first.

look...from a season ticket holder of average intelligence.... there have been times this season that have really inspired me and my friends ..also a couple of not so good performances.....the support you give rob page is fantastic.... it was great that i thought you have kerbed your enthusiasm and kept quiet ..... the fans will come back if we are successful and playing more attractive football.... we need to continue to support the team and not talking about you not investing again...certainly not at this time of the season

look...from a season ticket holder of average intelligence.... there have been times this season that have really inspired me and my friends ..also a couple of not so good performances.....the support you give rob page is fantastic.... it was great that i thought you have kerbed your enthusiasm and kept quiet ..... the fans will come back if we are successful and playing more attractive football.... we need to continue to support the team and not talking about you not investing again...certainly not at this time of the season

To be fair mate, I saw Smurfs comments as purely replying to Paul's opening post regarding gates. The only reason its blown up again is because the Sentinel have got their copy and paste machine working again.

I've got to the stage now, where words go in one ear and out the other, whereas Smurfs actions tend to have more of a lasting effect.

Archived