onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Performance Review

Biddulph_PV

Ok, so we have his guy John Harbin reviewing performance.

Here are the facts.....

- failed to score in 4/5 away games.

- 3 of last 4 goals conceded have come from corners headed in by a big centre-half.

- 12 corners yesterday which failed to muster a single attempt on target.

- we have rescued one single point from losing points this year (drawing at Swindon, losing at Bradford, Millwall and Bury). You might also put the penalty at Swindon in the 'million to one' category.

These are the stats that a layman like me has picked out whilst slurping his morning coffee.

So, if these things keep reoccurring over and over, how is this guy earning his corn?????

Advert

Ok, so we have his guy John Harbin reviewing performance.

Here are the facts.....

- failed to score in 4/5 away games.

- 3 of last 4 goals conceded have come from corners headed in by a big centre-half.

- 12 corners yesterday which failed to muster a single attempt on target.

- we have rescued one single point from losing points this year (drawing at Swindon, losing at Bradford, Millwall and Bury). You might also put the penalty at Swindon in the 'million to one' category.

These are the stats that a layman like me has picked out whilst slurping his morning coffee.

So, if these things keep reoccurring over and over, how is this guy earning his corn?????

How about the most telling stat of all .. 3 wins in the last 19 league games, has anyone in the country got a worse record than that ?

Id say our performances are 8 out of ten at home and 5 out out of ten away which works out at an average of 6.5 out of ten so far.

I agree. We've seen some exceptional home performances this season - Gills (really ought to have won), Burnley, Donny and Wigan - but on the round we have been bang average/below average and are being tactically out-thought. Take yesterday for example, if the idea was to keep it tight first half, which it clearly was, then why even bother having Andoh on the pitch??

We're 1 point off relegation, 4 off play offs. Anyone would think we were 12 points adrift with 4 games left. Utterly pathetic on here sometimes.

I'm not calling for the manager........yet. I'm simply intrigued to know what is discussed in between matches, because it's the same old things time and again that keep letting us down. Failure to defend set plays, not being able to do anything off our own, not being able to turn a game when we're losing etc etc.

There must be bundles of different stats being collected, and I'm interested to know how these are put to use to try and squeeze the extra couple of % out of players which could be vital.

Archived