Your favourite Female vocalist...

On 02/05/2020 at 22:27, TheSage said:

Tell him he's got very good taste (as you well know!).

I imagine she still scrubs up well.

We’ve seen them live a couple of times and Eddie saw them live in Hanley in the 60s!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know I'm showing my age now but it's a pity this young lady isn't still around. What a voice.  

Above all else, there's one quality to Karen Carpenter's voice that no-one else has. I could have the worse day possible at work, followed by the worse drive home; stressed up to my eyeballs. But, if

And an excellent musician too. What a sad waste so early in life.

It's one of those really simple questions that's difficult to answer....

I enjoyed eartha  kitt ..... millionaire

Shakespeare sister..... stay

Macy Gray.... I try

Annie Lennox.... angel.

Sinead oconnor....... nothing compares.

And a huge amount I don't know who sang.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, geosname said:

And a huge amount I don't know who sang.

That made me smile, geo.😁

I think we've all heard songs on the car radio, at home,  and in the shops - often not really tuning into them consciously for a few moments - but then getting to the end and thinking "wow, that was really nice. I wonder who sang that. Great song. Beautiful voice." But it then disappears into the ether until through luck or fate you hear it again a few months later and are sometimes able to identify the voice. Or maybe not. The number of times that's happened to me.

Advert:

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

Stairway to Heaven sang by Heart( Ann Wilson)at

The Kennedy Centre  in front of Plant,Page and Jones.Available to watch on YouTube 

Stunning!!

It is indeed - but when you've seen the band play the live version in their prime it's worth only the silver medal.

Thanks for pointing this out. It is a lovely version, beautifully sung, I agree.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone mentioned Linda Jones?  As examples check out Not On The Outside, or Just Can't Live My Life.  Whether or not you like you like the songs, there's no denying the lady has a great voice.

• 2 weeks later...
Advert:

• 5 months later...
Advert:

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not the greatest songstress, but Hilda Ogden's musical renditions would give me a smile as she went on her way emptying the ashtrays in The Rovers. Okay, the Americans with their Mama Cass, Karen Carpenter and Barbara Streisand might mock, but she was Our Hilda.