onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

EGM to be called

NLVMalc

Advert

Well done Malcolm and NLV, lets get this show on the road and sort it out at last.

Too many years of deprivation, poor leadership and management and lack of ambition.

We are NOT little old Port Vale, we are that sleeping giant that has been stirred and will be awoken by the fans and return again.

Is one man one vote fair? Should somebody with £50 worth of shares have the same say as someone with £50'000 worth?

In this instance it is due to the board using the reverse to keep themselves in power, this way the majority of minority individual shareholders get to have their say, without being stifled by the leaches left at the helm

Two questions:

Have you decided the wording of the motion(s)?

As for timescales, are you aware of the timings involved and how the board might spin any EGM as being destructive if it takes place in the last weeks of the season or even during the play offs?

Just getting finer detail sorted on the questions and documentation etc..

Timescale - max of 28 days once the board receive the request, depending on if they call it or the shareholders

Is one man one vote fair? Should somebody with £50 worth of shares have the same say as someone with £50'000 worth?

But if you go on the no of shares then is it fair that there will be people who dont/wont vote, who have large amouts of shares i.e. Mr Williams. This would give the board a bigger shareholding.

My theory is that if you arent or cant get more than 85% of total shares sold to vote then you need to do it do it by one hand one vote.

But if you go on the no of shares then is it fair that there will be people who dont/wont vote, who have large amouts of shares i.e. Mr Williams. This would give the board a bigger shareholding.

My theory is that if you arent or cant get more than 85% of total shares sold to vote then you need to do it do it by one hand one vote.

'Need' and what's actually possible are two very different things unfortunately...it can be requested but i wouldn't be too optimistic!

'Need' and what's actually possible are two very different things unfortunately...it can be requested but i wouldn't be too optimistic!

Ye I wouldnt be to optimistic either. The board have done everything so far to stop this bid going through. They wont just roll over now.

It's based on shares of people present not of total shares. So if only 10 turned up, it would be done based on those 10.

If a motion was based on confidence in the board, I assume they would be ineligible to vote?

It's based on shares of people present not of total shares. So if only 10 turned up, it would be done based on those 10.

If a motion was based on confidence in the board, I assume they would be ineligible to vote?

Would be nice but as shareholders they can vote on that.

Would be nice but as shareholders they can vote on that.

I understand what you are saying and it is correct in theory.But in a way they are voting for themselves,is it right to vote for yourself?

Ban them from voting,starve them out,run them out of town.

Archived