onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

the merry go round has started early

bookworm

Aspin also having a tough time and needs to start getting some results. I think it is 2 wins in the last 23 games.

First time today I noticed some discontent on the Halifax forum, although many are of the opinion that he has over achieved in getting them to where they are now.

That's the reason I never wanted him to come back here, imagine the grief he would be getting if he had that record with us.

Advert

how about fatty at Rotherham.

Like or loathe him, he got them from L2 to the Championship and built a reasonable side. I wouldn't like him as a neighbour or workmate, but he does deserve a whole season to try to keep Rotherham in that division.

Luckily Vale didn't sack Rudgie when we were relegated after a couple of seasons in the equaivalent of the Cahmpionship in the early 90s and he was given time to get us back there and enjoy halcyon days for several seasons of glory. It's a similar situation with Evans at Rotherham, he should be given a chance after what he has done or that club.

As I said, I can't really stand him as a person, but feel he is a very good motivator and therefore probably a manager worth keeping for them.

Like or loathe him, he got them from L2 to the Championship and built a reasonable side. I wouldn't like him as a neighbour or workmate, but he does deserve a whole season to try to keep Rotherham in that division.

Luckily Vale didn't sack Rudgie when we were relegated after a couple of seasons in the equaivalent of the Cahmpionship in the early 90s and he was given time to get us back there and enjoy halcyon days for several seasons of glory. It's a similar situation with Evans at Rotherham, he should be given a chance after what he has done or that club.

As I said, I can't really stand him as a person, but feel he is a very good motivator and therefore probably a manager worth keeping for them.

I'm amazed, we completely agree!

Must be one of those stopped clock moments :)

He's had a whole season!

That's a bit harsh D@P,he might not be a very good football manager but he deserves a bit of respect.Robertson was a Royal Marine who earned the coveted green beret after completing the commando tests and was drafted to 40 Commando RM age 17.His first tour of duty was to Kuwait for three months, towards the end of the first Gulf War.Soon afterwards,he completed his arctic warfare training in Norway and his jungle training in Guyana. In late 1993,he began his first tour of duty to Northern Ireland for six months,settling in West Belfast.He returned there for another six months in late 1994 after being drafted to 45 Commando RM.Whilst in his mid-twenties he caught a viral infection which caused minor damage to his heart.He had a pacemaker fitted and was medically discharged from the Marines in 1998.

All fine but why would that qualify him to manage a football club?

Archived