onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Normans view.

Spunk Trumpet

How many games have Enoch and Uche finished? Difficult to maintain their style of play for 94 mins. It is up to the forwards to put the game out of reach in the first half, then shut up shop. Fresh legs should be effective, but ours were not.

Birchalls legs havent been fresh for 3 years or more.

Advert

What I fail to see is 20 year old uche starts every game ( and rightly so) but McCourt, hooper, Kapend etc who are the same age are considered not ready/ too young.
But do the have the same build as Uche? I have not seen any of them, hopefully they will have a run out on Tuesday night.

How many games have Enoch and Uche finished? Difficult to maintain their style of play for 94 mins. It is up to the forwards to put the game out of reach in the first half, then shut up shop. Fresh legs should be effective, but ours were not.

We've taken those two players off in most of our games this season.

Page has to take this one on the chin and admit he got it seriously wrong today, to bring them pair on at a vital time is senseless but in his interview never once held his hands and admit to it. What seemed like a decent start to the season now looks like the usual inconsistent Vale of seasons gone past, no wonder Smurf is frustrated he's given Page the tools to do a job but he got no idea how use them. Surely Streete must come in for Duffy now as he's cost us 2 results in 4 days.

Page has to take this one on the chin and admit he got it seriously wrong today, to bring them pair on at a vital time is senseless but in his interview never once held his hands and admit to it. What seemed like a decent start to the season now looks like the usual inconsistent Vale of seasons gone past, no wonder Smurf is frustrated he's given Page the tools to do a job but he got no idea how use them. Surely Streete must come in for Duffy now as he's cost us 2 results in 4 days.
How did he do that today?

I don't like the way Smurf has done this. He, like many others, isn't happy with the subs but he is the chairman of the club and there needs to be some professionalism and respect shown. If he feels that Page deserves a rollicking then do it behind closed doors. To sum up - you have got it so wrong Smurf and in one word 'pathetic'.

As ever just my opinion.

Whether it be on Twitter or behind clothes doors I would hope Page would respectfully tell NS to butt out of team affairs and leave selection issues to the manager......
The reason Norman Low left, and many managers at other clubs. But I would hope that Norman and Page could share their opinions in private to good purpose.

It is good to see the Chairman is as emotional as the supporters. He has made a statement pretty soon after the result when everything is still raw. The fact is Page made a complete **** up on the substitution front and he should be made aware of that. The chairman has chucked a lot of money at the team and therefore has more right than probably all of us to let Page his view on the matter. Love our Smurf but in hindsight I think he would admit, perhaps not openly, that he should have rollicked Page for the error of judgement in private.

I don't like the way Smurf has done this. He, like many others, isn't happy with the subs but he is the chairman of the club and there needs to be some professionalism and respect shown. If he feels that Page deserves a rollicking then do it behind closed doors. To sum up - you have got it so wrong Smurf and in one word 'pathetic'.

As ever just my opinion.

Really this would have been better dealt with privately, especially as I fear some on here wont let it blow over easily.

But do the have the same build as Uche? I have not seen any of them, hopefully they will have a run out on Tuesday night.

McCourt looks a big lad, but they don't have to be as big as uche to be ready for the first team, Andoh proves that.

Archived