onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Todays catering

jeff1966

Advert

Wrights. I had a pack. Two cheese oatcakes for 3 quid. They were ok, certainly not as good as if they'd used local ones.

This is what my mates daughter was served with.Never known them to done that way with a block of uncooked cheese in the middle

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3526[/ATTACH]

I had oatcakes and thought they were fine.

At least they were able to serve tea, coffee and food - up here in the wilds of Lancashire we are without drinking water for 10 days now, I reckon it must be because Joe Garner and sent-off Hugill had their annual baths in one of the local reservoirs. :)

The water company didn't leaflet houses for 3 days, those who didn't have their TV on the first day will have missed the advice to boil water - they also didn't say until 5 days into the crisis that water must be boiled for at least 60 seconds, and gave no advice on whether pets needed water that had been previously boiled, nor if it was safe to eat off plates and cutlery that had just been washed in hot water (it isn't it seems).

However, back to the oatcakes....glad they are serving them, and well done Vale for sorting out what people wanted and asked for.

Three things struck me since I last used the kiosks 1. The staff ran around really trying to serve everyone quickly. Massive well done to them 2. The prices and quality are about consistent with most grounds, though the half time coffee was a touch cold 3. We didn't run out of stock. First rule of sales is that you can't sell what you haven't got!!!! All in all, loads better than last year. Still improvements to be made but just like on the pitch, another step forwards!!!

Well a mixed choice of comments and to add, Gillingham weren't impressed with the catering!"Worst in football league" comment in Kent on line website!!Oh dear!!Mind you, their team must have been fed on raw meat after watching them kicking "stoke" out of Vale yesterday:yes:

Two points: A cardboard sleeve is needed round the hot drinks so that they can be carried without injury and Vale need to advertise the availabity of oatcakes. I have had oatcakes with cheese both hot and cold but again the availability and choice needs to be made known. A very welcome step in the right direction.

Archived