onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cilla Black RIP

What a shame we can't have a thread where people get to pay their respects to a talented singer and great entertainer without a couple of people being disrespectful and abusive.

There used to be a time when Brits were known for being respectful and polite. Nothing respectful, polite or even intelligent in abusing someone who has sadly lost their life.

RIP Cilla.

Amen!

Advert

Oh, get over yourself. She was not a talented singer, she had great songs at her disposal but if you compare, for example, Dionne Warwick's performance of some Bacharach and David songs with that screeching haridan's caterwauling, you'll see what a poor singer she actually was.

And as for this 'respectful' baloney, why should people feel obliged to be respectful towards someone that they consider to be a pretty foul human being? This is a thread about Cilla Black, it's not in that RIP section they have on here, her family won't be reading (cue JA asking how I can be sure of that )so why is it so awful for someone to state what they think of her. Rather than being known for 'politeness', I'd much rather be known for not cowtowing to celebrity and blindly praising the barely adequate. There's certainly nothing intelligent about that.

There's nothing intelligent about slagging off a person who has just died Mr.Jobsworth.Please enlighten us when Cilla Black actually personally abused you.Cilla Black was massive in the 60s and had a unique voice.

What a shame we can't have a thread where people get to pay their respects to a talented singer and great entertainer without a couple of people being disrespectful and abusive.

There used to be a time when Brits were known for being respectful and polite. Nothing respectful, polite or even intelligent in abusing someone who has sadly lost their life.

RIP Cilla.

Indeed Twitters. I'm not sure why people feel the need to continue the argument beyond one post citing your point of view (or even post anything) on a thread that is clearly designed to pay respect. She might not have been 100% cheerful all the time (who is?) but she clearly brought a lot of happiness to a lot of people.

There's nothing intelligent about slagging off a person who has just died Mr.Jobsworth.Please enlighten us when Cilla Black actually personally abused you..

Ooh, Jobsworth. You've really got me there. Stunning.

It's got f all to do with whether Black has personally insulted me or not. People have come on here praising her, I came on here and criticised her. I never claimed that I was being intelligent insulting her, I said that kowtowing to celebrity and fawning over someone, then criticising any voices of dissent was not intelligent.

Cilla Black was massive in the 60s and had a unique voice

So what? Doesn't make her a decent or talented person.

I'm not sure why people feel the need to continue the argument beyond one post citing your point of view (or even post anything) on a thread that is clearly designed to pay respect.

Point (maybe) taken regarding my 2nd post on this thread but subsequent posts have generally been regarding this belief that respect should automatically be granted to the deceased. Why? To me, it just seems ridiculous. I would never go to one of her relatives, or on a fan site and state my opinions on her as a person or singer but I don't see why people on here need to get so upset about a dissenting voice. It's not like they were her friend. Where do you draw the line deciding who must be respected and who can be criticised? It's like after Thatcher's death when The Mail started having a go at people for metaphorically dancing on her grave, yet printed the most vile stuff following Michael Foot's death a year or so previously.

Archived