onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cilla Black RIP

Advert

Really sad news. I had the pleasure/honour of meeting her when I was a kid and she was just as nice and warm on screen as she was off it.

RIP.

Saw her in Blackpool in the early sixties.Great time for female vocalists,Cilla,Dusty,Sandy Shaw ,Lulu etc.RIP Cilla.

Whether you liked her music or programmes she presented or not Cilla was a big part of at least 2 if not 3 generations of people with her career. I don't remember her singing career in the 60s as I'm too young but my parents do and hence I heard tapes and records of her as I was growing up.

My own memories are of watching Blind Date and Surprise Surprise in the 90s(of which reading my facebook yesterday quite a lot of people around my age(lates 20 early 30s) have the same memories. Blind Date especially was the staple diet when we used to go back to my Nan's after Vale games for tea in the 90s and watch Saturday night tele before driving home. My Nan especially barely missed an episode!!

I know she too would have been very sad at yesterday’s news also(although she is no longer with us) as she always used to recite about when Cilla was shown around Beswicks where my Nan worked as I think Cilla was on at Jollies that evening? She stopped and chatted to a lot of the workers, when they came to do a toast for the photo and present Cilla with a Beswick figure they realised they didn’t have anything alcoholic so they used cold tea out of someone’s flask which looked a bit like Whiskey!:laugh:

And as much Blind Date was probably a load of old crap to some(even myself at times) I have fond memories of those evenings with the family of which in a way Cilla was part of.

I quite enjoyed the Cilla drama that was on TV last year, although I knew her songs I didn’t realise the story of early life/career.

Ta ra Cilla RIP

Being born in the mid-fifties, Cilla was part of my childhood, along with the Beatles and all the other great pop groups that came from Liverpool and other places in the UK in that wonderfully entertaining decade. I feel lucky to have grown up knowing all those singers and all those bands.

Her later TV work didn't particularly interest me but you have got to admire her for her longevity and ability to connect with so many different generations. She seems to have been a genuinely nice person, whose wealth and fame didn't completely ruin her.

She seems to have been a genuinely nice person, whose wealth and fame didn't completely ruin her.

Nah.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1767356

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html

Cilla Black - she should be shot - quite possibly one of the most unpleasant individuals I have ever come across.

i heard a similar thing about ms Black. Maybe she doesn't like flying. Or maybe she is just a brassy b!tch whose done well from a poor up bringing and forgets where she came from.

Does anyone have anything good to say about Ms Black? There are several threads on DS asking about the rudest celebrities people have ever met and Cilla's name comes up more than anyone else and none of it is positive, in fact she sounds thoroughly vile and unpleasant.

Is Cilla Black the most unpleasant person in showbiz?

You don't talk to Ms Black.

Ms Black will talk to you.

Ms Black only sits in 1A

Ms Black will have some champagne now.

Ms Black talks through a personal assistant.

Vile bitch, rumour has it she was banned from BA for a while because of her attitiude to staff and excessive demands about seating.

Totally agree,disgrace of a human being.No manners what to speak of.Full of own self importance,and this is from personal experience.

Wasn't there a story some years back about a contestant on Blind Date who went public to claim that ol' Cilla had virtually reduced her to tears via nasty, dismissive behaviour once the cameras stopped rolling?

Being born in the mid-fifties, Cilla was part of my childhood, along with the Beatles and all the other great pop groups that came from Liverpool and other places in the UK in that wonderfully entertaining decade. I feel lucky to have grown up knowing all those singers and all those bands.

Her later TV work didn't particularly interest me but you have got to admire her for her longevity and ability to connect with so many different generations. She seems to have been a genuinely nice person, whose wealth and fame didn't completely ruin her.

Totally agree.

Watched the programme with Sheridan Smith depicting her life and it did her justice I think.

Cilla Black - she should be shot - quite possibly one of the most unpleasant individuals I have ever come across

Whereas someone saying someone should be shot is clearly all sweetness and light

i heard a similar thing about ms Black. Maybe she doesn't like flying. Or maybe she is just a brassy b!tch whose done well from a poor up bringing and forgets where she came from.

Heard form whom? "brassy b!tch"? Obviously the opinion of someone so sexist deserves mucho respect

Does anyone have anything good to say about Ms Black? There are several threads on DS asking about the rudest celebrities people have ever met and Cilla's name comes up more than anyone else and none of it is positive, in fact she sounds thoroughly vile and unpleasant.

Yep they do have good things to say

Could that be cos she is in the news? What kind of person feels the need to go on a thread and comment on how rude a 'celebrity' is? Get over it

Is Cilla Black the most unpleasant person in showbiz?

I think I'd put Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris waaaaaayyyy ahead. What a cretinous question

Vile bitch, rumour has it she was banned from BA for a while because of her attitude to staff and excessive demands about seating.

More sexism..really deserving of respect

It's very sad what you get back if you search Google for Cilla Black and BA. I don't know if she was ever banned form BA but if she was I'd expect there to be more on the net than a bunch of people going on about a rumour that she was

Interestingly her chauffeur was interviewed on 5Live the other day and only had good things to say about her; I'd rather listen to him that someone who claims to know how he feels

It would be astonishing if in here 50 odd years in showbiz she hadn't ******ed off a few people and contestants etc

Wasn't there a story a few years back that Orville the Duck was once banned from BA and all other airlines for snorting cocaine in the loo on a flight and being rude to the cabin crew....hence his song "I wish I could fly"

Some people need to get a life (maybe I'm one of them after posting the above)

What a cretinous question

What a disgusting display of ableism.

Cretinism is a condition of severely stunted physical and mental growth due to untreated congenital deficiency of thyroid hormones (congenital hypothyroidism) usually due to maternal hypothyroidism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretinism

noun

(old-fashioned) a person afflicted with cretinism

(offensive) a person considered to be extremely stupid

Shameful. :mad:

I like this story related over several tweets by a woman whose ex was told it by someone who worked with Cilla (yes, I know)...

One day after a TV gig, she was being driven home and asked the driver to stop at a supermarket and get her some salmon for dinner.

The supermarket had almost closed and the seafood counter had been packed away.

He went in and begged the person packing up the fish counter to get a piece of salmon from the back for him.

He said it was for Cilla and she'd string him up if he didn't go back with it.

After some time he got back into the car with a piece of salmon and gave it to her.

Cilla: "I meant a tin of salmon you c***!"

What a shame we can't have a thread where people get to pay their respects to a talented singer and great entertainer without a couple of people being disrespectful and abusive.

There used to be a time when Brits were known for being respectful and polite. Nothing respectful, polite or even intelligent in abusing someone who has sadly lost their life.

RIP Cilla.

What a shame we can't have a thread where people get to pay their respects to a talented singer and great entertainer without a couple of people being disrespectful and abusive.

There used to be a time when Brits were known for being respectful and polite. Nothing respectful, polite or even intelligent in abusing someone who has sadly lost their life.

RIP Cilla.

Unfortunately,there's are always some who are a bit rough around the hedges.:rolleyes:

RIP Cilla.

Oh, get over yourself. She was not a talented singer, she had great songs at her disposal but if you compare, for example, Dionne Warwick's performance of some Bacharach and David songs with that screeching haridan's caterwauling, you'll see what a poor singer she actually was.

And as for this 'respectful' baloney, why should people feel obliged to be respectful towards someone that they consider to be a pretty foul human being? This is a thread about Cilla Black, it's not in that RIP section they have on here, her family won't be reading (cue JA asking how I can be sure of that )so why is it so awful for someone to state what they think of her. Rather than being known for 'politeness', I'd much rather be known for not cowtowing to celebrity and blindly praising the barely adequate. There's certainly nothing intelligent about that.

Archived