onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Campion

tonyh

Advert

He wont feature this season, a Smuff signing. Heard the players don't rate him either. Glad we ain't relying on him this season to be a main man, at one point it was looking that way. Cant see what he offers.

You know this how? I also love how you know he offers nothing based off 2/3 games

The lad isnt good enough.

Saw him on two occasions last year and he looked sunday league type.

People were banging on about him being a goalscorer last season. There is a difference between reserve football and league football.

The standard of the club he came from in Sweden is Alsager/Kidsgrove like.

If the lads name was English, nobody would give two hoots about him, but with him being "Achille Campion" and scoring a few goals in Vale reserves, folk got excited and think he is our next wonderkid.

The lads out of his depth and this time next year will be an after thought.

I've had to have another go I think this post is that bad.

He didn't score "a few" in reserves. He was prolific, and also bagged in the league despite limited chances.

Secondly, I worry for anyone with logic such as he's rated because he has a foreign name. I don't even know how you've reached that conclusion.

TBF Pope looked a Sunday league player the season before his 33 goals. He was awful and I wouldn't have been at all fussed had we released him(as it turned out thank heavens we didn't and the rest as they say is history!)

The transformation in him I still maintain is the single biggest I've seen in a professional footballer in nearly 25 years of watching and following the game. Pope turned his game around(and career) and went from a player who would have been heading on a one way ticket to non-league/out of the game to someone who has probably now had 2 pretty lucrative contracts(for a lower league footballer) between the age of 27-33! Fair play to him.

I've gone slightly off topic but the point is players can turn it around. Campion is far from the worst I've seen pull on a Vale shirt, however to judge him either way yet is wrong. Whether he has the application/ability to make it remains to be seen. I just hope he gets some sort of a chance. I have my doubts that he will unless we suffer an injury or 2 in attack but who knows?

Campion has not been given a fair crack of the whip, yet.

Remember the awful, none acceptable results that page brought about by his team selection which consistantly involved Willow and Birchill?

Campion played little part in the none winning run of eleven games and could not have made the teams any worse if he had been included in most of them.

He must be given a couple of starts to prove his worth or put out on loan to another club.

I think we have to be cautious either way.

The lad isn't ready yet to be playing week in, week out in League One. The first time I saw him play, I thought he showed a lot of promise but the last time I really questioned what he brought to the team. That's what you get when you sign a player from the Swedish 4th division though!

At the same time, he isn't useless and can bring something useful to the squad. He clearly needed to work on his fitness when I saw him but he definitely has an eye for goal. He got in that position to get his debut goal. You can't teach that to people, you either have that or you don't. We didn't have anyone at the club who is natural right place, right time goalscorer and I thought Campion has that. He got into positions where he could score. The service either let him down or his final touch wasn't quite right.

He got over-hyped when he scored quite a few in the reserves. But he was brought in to be developed. Let's let him do that, instead of trying to label him a success or a failure. He's been at the club less than a year from what is the equivalent of a lowly non-league club. That's not enough time to jump up 5 or 6 levels. I'd like to see us send him out on loan to Conference level and see what he can do. There's only so much developing players can do without playing 1st team football. The reserve/development team is not as competitive as 1st team action. He needs games, I think we should find a club who is willing to take a chance on him.

Absolute nonsense.

Judge him at the end of a season, not 2 appearances. Moronic post.

Totally agree. I went to Scunthorpe last season away & he was decent in my opinion. Did a lot of running and put them under pressure defending from the top. I'd wager a bet if he got a regular start he'd score 10+ ... I just worry about if he is up to 90mins football each week as he looks knackered after 30 mins

Archived