onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Campion

tonyh

Advert

The lad isnt good enough.

Saw him on two occasions last year and he looked sunday league type.

People were banging on about him being a goalscorer last season. There is a difference between reserve football and league football.

The standard of the club he came from in Sweden is Alsager/Kidsgrove like.

If the lads name was English, nobody would give two hoots about him, but with him being "Achille Campion" and scoring a few goals in Vale reserves, folk got excited and think he is our next wonderkid.

The lads out of his depth and this time next year will be an after thought.

People were banging on about him being a goalscorer last season. There is a difference between reserve football and league football.

If the lads name was English, nobody would give two hoots about him, but with him being "Achille Campion" and scoring a few goals in Vale reserves, folk got excited and think he is our next wonderkid.

Two occasions is not enough to judge a player on.

Pope was like a Sunday league player on more than two occasions last season.

The guy deserves a proper chance.

It is a difficult call. He has played at a lower level all his career and spent a lot of time injured too. He undoubtedly has the ability to connect with the ball and hit the net but I am not sure he can cope with the physical effort required to play for 90 minutes at league 1 level. We will see if he gets a chance this season.

I think that's a bit harsh he deserves a pre-season and a couple of games to prove himself.

Sadly though, the lad was knackered before he started. He did well in the reserves, the chronically naive thought that was going to transfer into first team form, screamed for his inclusion, injuries fast tracked him and he cam in, unfit and not ready and was slated. Net result, the same people who declared him the saviour of the club now think he's useless. Predictable, fickle and ****ing ridiculous

I think that's a bit harsh he deserves a pre-season and a couple of games to prove himself.

Sadly though, the lad was knackered before he started. He did well in the reserves, the chronically naive thought that was going to transfer into first team form, screamed for his inclusion, injuries fast tracked him and he cam in, unfit and not ready and was slated. Net result, the same people who declared him the saviour of the club now think he's useless. Predictable, fickle and ****ing ridiculous

Spot on Yukon. You can't judge the lad on his first team cameo's so far. He needs to get his head down and when his chance comes take it. Then we should judge.

Youve seen him two times....

Ive seen Pope play two times and based upon them I thought he was tripe, but clearly isnt.

He is yet to be given a chance, yes there is a difference but he still deserves a proper chance. People never thought he was the next wonderkid, they just realised that he was scoring for fun and we as a team couldnt score a goal.... People wanted him to get a chance, I saw him a couple of times, struggled against Bristol and Mk dons (the two best sides) looked ok other than that.

You have absalutley no idea of the 'lad is out of his depth', he may well be but you can say that based of two matches.

Absolute rubbish.

I saw him a few times last season, one game he came off the bench and scored a real instinctive finish and I think I only saw him once where I thought he was poor.

There was constant talk about his fitness being the issue last season, and he was very much a side thought when he did play. He deserves a chance at some point this season.

I was one of those clambering for him to be picked last season. Why because what we had on the pitch was clearly not doing it. He was banging them in for fun in the Reserves. We had to try something it was getting desperate along with bizarre defensive tactics by Page which nearly took us over the abyss. I wasn't expecting miracles and the lad did ok. If he works on his fitness levels he will be a useful back up.

My observations last season were that he was a better team player than Willo so id have certainly put him in the team before Ben. His first touch was hit and miss but still better than both Ben and the out of form Popey. His passing was definitely better than both. There were times when he made passes to a runner only for the player not to have moved.

I agree with his fitness issues last year but id say he looked like he was actually trying too hard. I think a run of games would do him good and id like to see him out on loan to a league 2 team so he can be evaluated in a more competitive environment than the reserves.

Clearly he has an eye for a goal and i wouldnt give up on him as i still think he showed some promise.....im certainly not going to judge him after only seeing him twice.

Absolute nonsense.

Judge him at the end of a season, not 2 appearances. Moronic post.

I was one of those clambering for him to be picked last season. Why because what we had on the pitch was clearly not doing it. He was banging them in for fun in the Reserves. We had to try something it was getting desperate along with bizarre defensive tactics by Page which nearly took us over the abyss. I wasn't expecting miracles and the lad did ok. If he works on his fitness levels he will be a useful back up.

Exactly. Didn't Popey say in his Sentinel column that Achille was leading the pack on the first day back? He deserves a go- especially as he has a contract

Archived