onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Campion

tonyh

Advert

Won't do his confidence any good when his manager comes out and says that in the paper, failing to acknowledge or mention him as a striking option.

He also failed to mention Kapend and says we arnt going sign anyone else despite Smurf saying maybe 1 more.

Its like when players do interviews. Please tell me you don't believe everything. I've learnt to ignore anything that is said and just see what happens.

Campion was given a contract and appears to have a future at the club. But we don't know how good he is because he has not been given a run of games to prove himself. Last season he could not be given a run at the end of the season because we fell in to trouble and took the route of relying on experience to get out of the situation. Now he faces competition for places and AJL has staked a strong claim as second striker or wide man in a three up front. I believe he may be a natural goalscorer but perhaps doesn't stand out more widely as a player. But Page needs to find out whether or not he can flourish at league 1 level. He needs some games somewhere. If he stays in the current situation his contract will expire and we will never have found out how good he is.

Kapend is new, young and can serve time. But Campion is a mature player and needs to see a viable opportunity at Port Vale or move on to a place where he can have a better outcome for him. I guess he could have a mind to be patient and that can get mixed up with the idea of lacking ambition. It can be difficult to separate these psychological concepts. One can think in clock time (enlightened approach with a definitive decision point) or in psychological time (dreaming, drifting, clinging to hope and the future - not in the now).

The only time anyone can take an action is Now. So when you do a task and you are thinking about that only you are using clock time and are in the Now.

The past is only memory and no longer exists. The moment has past.

The future is projecting, dreaming or anticipating. It is all in the mind and also does not exist.

Living your life thinking about the past or the future is psychological time. You cannot change what is over but only where you go Now. You cannot do anything about a future desired life situation until the moment arrives when you can take a step to achieve it Now.

Most people in the world, including me, spend too much time allowing the instrument of our mind to feed repetitive thoughts about the past and future. Meanwhile we are oblivious to Now. Interestingly if you stop your thoughts and come in to the present moment and stay there many worries and stress and suffering will be eliminated. Animals are zen masters at being in the present. It is humans as a species that get lost in psychological time and ego etc. Many of the world's problems are due to this.

In Buddhist terms enlightenment is reached by the ability to live life in the Now as that is highest state of alertness and also the state in which real and deep understanding of the nature of reality is achieved.

So Page and Campion should look at the situation now and determine a number of key steps they want to take to achieve their objectives and take them. But don't get lost in thoughts and all the worries of psychological time.

A lot of this is from a book called The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle which I have found helpful recently. It is non-religious practical philosophy and mindfulness. That said it is very compatible with Buddhist teachings and by stripping away a lot of the superfluous material and ritual that exists in Christianity and just stating what it is understood Jesus actually said it has improved my respect for his teaching considerably.

The only time anyone can take an action is Now. So when you do a task and you are thinking about that only you are using clock time and are in the Now.

The past is only memory and no longer exists. The moment has past.

The future is projecting, dreaming or anticipating. It is all in the mind and also does not exist.

Living your life thinking about the past or the future is psychological time. You cannot change what is over but only where you go Now. You cannot do anything about a future desired life situation until the moment arrives when you can take a step to achieve it Now.

Most people in the world, including me, spend too much time allowing the instrument of our mind to feed repetitive thoughts about the past and future. Meanwhile we are oblivious to Now. Interestingly if you stop your thoughts and come in to the present moment and stay there many worries and stress and suffering will be eliminated. Animals are zen masters at being in the present. It is humans as a species that get lost in psychological time and ego etc. Many of the world's problems are due to this.

In Buddhist terms enlightenment is reached by the ability to live life in the Now as that is highest state of alertness and also the state in which real and deep understanding of the nature of reality is achieved.

So Page and Campion should look at the situation now and determine a number of key steps they want to take to achieve their objectives and take them. But don't get lost in thoughts and all the worries of psychological time.

A lot of this is from a book called The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle which I have found helpful recently. It is non-religious practical philosophy and mindfulness. That said it is very compatible with Buddhist teachings and by stripping away a lot of the superfluous material and ritual that exists in Christianity and just stating what it is understood Jesus actually said it has improved my respect for his teaching considerably.

What the actual **** are you on about? :ohmy:

Archived