onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 15/16 season

TylerB

I watch the Man U v Barca game the other day and Depay looks a serious player- fast and strong, certainly more Ronaldo like than anyone they've had since. If Di Maria is off, they need a very good replacement.

I'm intrigued by Firmino and what he can bring to the party.

Arsenal need to sign someone up top. I'm sorry buy Giroud is never going to win anyone anything

Spurs look like they're treading water.

Chelsea are favourites for me by the proverbial country mile

City aren't signing well enough. Sterling is good but not close to £49m good and Delph has just insured himself a transfer to Newcastle in 18 months and a big payout.

At the bottom it's just the usual suspects isn't it. I hope for the sakes of the British game the likes of Eddie Howe and Alex Neil defy the odds. I'm not sure Ranieri knows what he's got himself into and losing Cambiasso is massive, he dragged them through games.

The surprise package for me is going to be Palace who have signed excellently. I think a good season and, although possibly not my choice, Roy Hodgson will be looking over his shoulder a bit because Pardew is looking like the natural successor. The wealth of young English talent is becoming quite pleasing with a good scrap for the England job on the horizon between young English managers- Howe and Monk being the obvious examples.

Good post.

Advert

Really interesting points you make.

As much as I'd love B'Mouth to survive and score points for the smaller clubs (doesn't seem long since they were on our fixture list regularly)

I don't think they'll survive. The gulf is huge and even your bog standard mid table teams spend £10-12 million on players. I suspect they'll be like Burnley - competitive and watchable but ultimately not quite up to it. There are no easy games in the Premier, none.

What you say about Pardew makes a lot of sense. He did ok at Newcastle and I was amazed how well he did at Palace. Good signings too in pre-season. But he's a bit volatile and the big-wigs in Marble Arch won't like that. But it's a really good shout.

Really interesting points you make.

As much as I'd love B'Mouth to survive and score points for the smaller clubs (doesn't seem long since they were on our fixture list regularly)

I don't think they'll survive. The gulf is huge and even your bog standard mid table teams spend £10-12 million on players. I suspect they'll be like Burnley - competitive and watchable but ultimately not quite up to it. There are no easy games in the Premier, none.

What you say about Pardew makes a lot of sense. He did ok at Newcastle and I was amazed how well he did at Palace. Good signings too in pre-season. But he's a bit volatile and the big-wigs in Marble Arch won't like that. But it's a really good shout.

I don't think Bournemouth will make it either but you never know. Howe needs to get his tactics right, players motivated, even after defeats and he needs a bit of luck.

I think you're doing Pardew a bit of a disservice for his time at the Toon. He had an uphill battle as he was never the fans choice and although he turned it around, they soon turned again once Ashley flogged all his best players and gave him no spends! I agree about the volatility factor though and that could be a stumbling block. To be honest, after the last few a bit of spirit and character would be a refreshing change! Jesus- Sven, Maclaren, Fabio and Roy could bore the balls off a concrete bull

I watch the Man U v Barca game the other day and Depay looks a serious player- fast and strong, certainly more Ronaldo like than anyone they've had since. If Di Maria is off, they need a very good replacement.

I'm intrigued by Firmino and what he can bring to the party.

Arsenal need to sign someone up top. I'm sorry buy Giroud is never going to win anyone anything

Spurs look like they're treading water.

Chelsea are favourites for me by the proverbial country mile

City aren't signing well enough. Sterling is good but not close to £49m good and Delph has just insured himself a transfer to Newcastle in 18 months and a big payout.

At the bottom it's just the usual suspects isn't it. I hope for the sakes of the British game the likes of Eddie Howe and Alex Neil defy the odds. I'm not sure Ranieri knows what he's got himself into and losing Cambiasso is massive, he dragged them through games.

The surprise package for me is going to be Palace who have signed excellently. I think a good season and, although possibly not my choice, Roy Hodgson will be looking over his shoulder a bit because Pardew is looking like the natural successor. The wealth of young English talent is becoming quite pleasing with a good scrap for the England job on the horizon between young English managers- Howe and Monk being the obvious examples.

Pardew could see himself building a dynasty at Palace as he was a player there and from London. I would say he will stay there if he is given enough money to sustain a mid table outfit and he can manage them to be top 10 regularly. The dynasty bit takes hold if they do stadium development or move, which may happen. I don't think he will go to England readily because that is stepping back in to a similar situation he faced at Newcastle? If he is going to leap then surely Arsenal must be in his sights with Wenger upstairs in the next 2-5 years? But Monk may also fancy promotion via Arsenal?

Difficult for Palace to expand Selhurst any more than they have already

When I lived in Croydon there was lost of talk about building a big stadium there for multi-use and Palace moving in although obviously nothing came of it. Bags of potential for Palace to attract much bigger support if they could just stay in the PL for a number of seasons

And change their nickname back to the Glaziers pls!!!

I would like to thank BT for causing the price of TV soccer to increase significantly and to reducing the choice available to fee payers. I hope their HQ burns down or at least they haemorrhage cash flow as people don't take them up.

I would like to thank BT for causing the price of TV soccer to increase significantly and to reducing the choice available to fee payers. I hope their HQ burns down or at least they haemorrhage cash flow as people don't take them up.

Will BT be increasing prices again now that Sky have pulled out of La Liga?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/real-madrid/11777617/Barcelona-and-Real-Madrid-broadcast-rights-close-to-moving-to-BT-Sport-from-Sky-Sports.html

So well done to Arsenal for winning the Mickey Mouse trophy no one cares about. Still it gives their fans delusions of grandeur so it's funny watch them crash and fall again.

Oh and Martin Keown trying to lecture people about the integrity of the game?! Next you'll be asking Eric Cantona to discuss fan relations!

So well done to Arsenal for winning the Mickey Mouse trophy no one cares about. Still it gives their fans delusions of grandeur so it's funny watch them crash and fall again.

Oh and Martin Keown trying to lecture people about the integrity of the game?! Next you'll be asking Eric Cantona to discuss fan relations!

Wow- bitter and twisted or should that be twitted ? I'm no big Arsenal fan, but they couldn't do more than win today, so fine..... have they shat in your lunchbox or something ?

Wow, just wow. Maureen played his strongest side, so id imagine he wanted to win it, don't you.

Archived