onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 15/16 season

TylerB

For those who are interested I was curious to who you think will be challenging for the title, and also who are your favourites to go down at this moment in time?

Personally I think that the title will be between two London clubs, Arsenal and Chelsea. Arsenal need to get off to a good start, or at least not fade so badly over the Christmas period. But they have a silly amount of attacking options while also being better in defense than in previous seasons, mostly because of Koscielny, who was become a world-class centre-back when he's at his best, along with the improvement of two young players last season in Coquelin and Bellerin. I have a feeling that it really could be there season, but also wouldn't be surprised to see them have a poor couple of months somewhere that costs them the title. Chelsea haven't really improved there starting 11 from last season at all and now seem unlikely to. But under Mourinho they will always find a way and will always be competitive. They still aren't up there with the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid, though, and are much more solid than spectacular. Eden Hazard being the one exception of course. If Costa doesn't perform and score goals though, and he did tail off at the back end of last season, then you do worry about them.

Man City have signed Sterling and Delph but neither can be considered marquee signings. In regards to Sterling the move to City will either make or break him. He'll either blossom into the world-class player I think he has the potential to be one day or he'll go the same way as the likes of Wright-Phillips and Rodwell. I don't particularly rate Pellegrini as I've mentioned more than once on this forum and think that United could well finish above them this season. In regards to United, I think they'll be right up there but at the end of the day they're still poor at the back in the central area and will concede goals against the better sides. They badly need a Ramos or a Hummels as none of Jones, Smalling, Evans or Rojo are good enough for a club that size, although in fairness Smalling did improve as the season went on.

I've been satisfied with Brendan Rodgers' transfer business on the whole, and if Benteke and Firmino settle quickly there's no reason at all why they will take as long as they did last season to find consistency. With the likes of Benteke, Firmino, Lallana, Ibe and Coutinho to call upon, hopefully along with a fit and firing Sturridge, nobody can say that they lack quality going forward. They still need a partner for Skrtel though unless Lovren can come good this upcoming season.

Advert

Chelsea and Arsenal to battle it out as i said last week, the other sides in and around there havent addressed their issues.

United still need two centre backs and a forward....possibly a keeper!

Liverpool still need a centre back and a goal keeper.

City still need a centre back and a forward, plus imo a centre midfielder as Delph, fernando and fernandinho are all average at best.They also need a new manager as pellegrini is a clown, rumour is pep is lined up for next season.....

1. Chelsea.

2. Arsenal.

3. Liverpool.

4. Man Utd

5. Spurs.

6. Man City.

7. Everton.

Subject to late transfers.

Do you watch football? City will finish top 4, regardless of whether they can defend, they can score goals. A forward line of Aguero, Sterling and Silva.... Yet you think spurs will finish above them? The same spurs who look terrible on paper and could be losing their captain, along with having no forward other than harry kane who has scored 2 goals in his last 10 games....all of which he played 90mins. Big season for him... now defenders know what to expect.

Chelsea and Arsenal to battle it out as i said last week, the other sides in and around there havent addressed their issues.

United still need two centre backs and a forward....possibly a keeper!

Liverpool still need a centre back and a goal keeper.

City still need a centre back and a forward, plus imo a centre midfielder as Delph, fernando and fernandinho are all average at best.They also need a new manager as pellegrini is a clown, rumour is pep is lined up for next season.....

It would appear that is the case. Mancini got fired for being far more competitive in his last year than Pellegrini was last year and no one wants the gig just to keep Pep's seat warm. Maybe Benetez might have had he not got the job at Real, who knows

Do you watch football? City will finish top 4, regardless of whether they can defend, they can score goals. A forward line of Aguero, Sterling and Silva.... Yet you think spurs will finish above them? The same spurs who look terrible on paper and could be losing their captain, along with having no forward other than harry kane who has scored 2 goals in his last 10 games....all of which he played 90mins. Big season for him... now defenders know what to expect.

Berahino set to join Kane at Spurs.

You don't agree with Warren do you ;)

1. Arsenal

2. Chelsea

3. Man C

4. Liverpool

5. Man U

6. Spurs

7. Crystal Palace

8. Southampton

9. Everton

10.Newcastle

Bournemouth to stay up!!!

I have got a number of problems with Man City at present. But there is still a considerable part of the transfer window left and things can change.

My first problem is that I talked to a former work colleague who is a Man City season ticket holder. He said that last season a lot of Man City's problems were simply about 'not trying hard enough' / lack of commitment in games. There is something wrong with the team spirit.

Secondly, they are team getting old including Silva.

Thirdly, they have signed good players in Delph and Stirling. Stirling may go on to be a great player or maybe not. But at the moment these signings are not likely to change around Man City's fortunes on their own.

Fourthly, other teams are ambitious and not standing still. I agree Liverpool have goalkeeping and defensive issues, but they are acting to strengthen elsewhere and don't have the distraction of the Champions League. Spurs are a young team that may mature and don't have the distraction of the Champions League.

Fifthly, I don't rate the manager.

Overall, I think Man City are at a cross roads where they need to replace several players and don't seem to be signing the best. They also need a really top manager to attract the best players?

You don't agree with Warren do you ;)

1. Arsenal

2. Chelsea

3. Man C

4. Liverpool

5. Man U

6. Spurs

7. Crystal Palace

8. Southampton

9. Everton

10.Newcastle

Bournemouth to stay up!!!

Bournemouth to play neat and tidy football, losing a lot of close games. They will only surivive if there are three worse teams. I don't mean that disparagingly because it is a strong league - as we will see when we play Burnley. Unless they transform the team and support and stadium they will eventually nose dive down to league 1 or worse. I predict. But Gatafe are an example of how to survive for an extended period through good management.

I rate Chelsea above Arsenal. A big issue in that is whether or not John Terry has another year at the top. If he blows up through age or injury they are much weakened.

I have got a number of problems with Man City at present. But there is still a considerable part of the transfer window left and things can change.

My first problem is that I talked to a former work colleague who is a Man City season ticket holder. He said that last season a lot of Man City's problems were simply about 'not trying hard enough' / lack of commitment in games. There is something wrong with the team spirit.

Secondly, they are team getting old including Silva.

Thirdly, they have signed good players in Delph and Stirling. Stirling may go on to be a great player or maybe not. But at the moment these signings are not likely to change around Man City's fortunes on their own.

Fourthly, other teams are ambitious and not standing still. I agree Liverpool have goalkeeping and defensive issues, but they are acting to strengthen elsewhere and don't have the distraction of the Champions League. Spurs are a young team that may mature and don't have the distraction of the Champions League.

Fifthly, I don't rate the manager.

Overall, I think Man City are at a cross roads where they need to replace several players and don't seem to be signing the best. They also need a really top manager to attract the best players?

I didnt really see how much of that made you think they wont finish top 4 and how spurs will finish above them.....

You think they have made good signings, but will finish lower in the table because David Silva had a birthday?

You then state liverpool are an ambitious side but have just sold their best player to Man city!

I agree with no rating the manager, but even if my nan managed man city she would have them finish top 4.

Bournemouth to play neat and tidy football, losing a lot of close games. They will only surivive if there are three worse teams.

I can see Sunderland, Watford and Leicester being worse..possibly Norwich too.

My view on Bmouth is me just being a bit romantic..it would be great to see them survive and then with all the money behind them and a large catchment areas they could go places

Chelsea I'm sure will be the team to beat.

They have a winning manager, a very strong physical team and pure class in Hazard.

Don't bet against Falcao scoring a few either.

All the other good teams seem to be weaker defensively to me. Chelsea give you nothing.

I didnt really see how much of that made you think they wont finish top 4 and how spurs will finish above them.....

You think they have made good signings, but will finish lower in the table because David Silva had a birthday?

You then state liverpool are an ambitious side but have just sold their best player to Man city!

I agree with no rating the manager, but even if my nan managed man city she would have them finish top 4.

I am making Silva too old - he is only 29 I think.

I don't think Stirling is Liverpool's best player. He is behind Courtinho in ability as a forward player. Liverpool have also replaced Stirling with another Brazilian international.

The main issue remains attitude, commitment, team spirit. This is hard to discuss, but an absolutely key issue in team performance. To me some teams, like Nottingham Forrest when the best team in Europe, were a team that was more than the sum of the parts. Man City are the opposite. They perform as a team less well than the standing of individual players. Even Silva, who was being talked about as the next Messi level player when he was in Spain has not fulfilled that potential. He made a footballing career mistake going to Man City even if he does get a wedge in his pay packet.

Chelsea I'm sure will be the team to beat.

They have a winning manager, a very strong physical team and pure class in Hazard.

Don't bet against Falcao scoring a few either.

All the other good teams seem to be weaker defensively to me. Chelsea give you nothing.

Yes, but John Terry must defy time and injury. Real Madrid can't lose Ramos. Barcelona can't lose Piquet. Chelsea can't lose Terry. Loss of key defenders costs points, titles, trophies.

I watch the Man U v Barca game the other day and Depay looks a serious player- fast and strong, certainly more Ronaldo like than anyone they've had since. If Di Maria is off, they need a very good replacement.

I'm intrigued by Firmino and what he can bring to the party.

Arsenal need to sign someone up top. I'm sorry buy Giroud is never going to win anyone anything

Spurs look like they're treading water.

Chelsea are favourites for me by the proverbial country mile

City aren't signing well enough. Sterling is good but not close to £49m good and Delph has just insured himself a transfer to Newcastle in 18 months and a big payout.

At the bottom it's just the usual suspects isn't it. I hope for the sakes of the British game the likes of Eddie Howe and Alex Neil defy the odds. I'm not sure Ranieri knows what he's got himself into and losing Cambiasso is massive, he dragged them through games.

The surprise package for me is going to be Palace who have signed excellently. I think a good season and, although possibly not my choice, Roy Hodgson will be looking over his shoulder a bit because Pardew is looking like the natural successor. The wealth of young English talent is becoming quite pleasing with a good scrap for the England job on the horizon between young English managers- Howe and Monk being the obvious examples.

Archived