onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Getafe CF

valeblue

Advert

Anyone know why we played with a ball that looked like it was bought from a garage forecourt?

Lol. I noticed that, it was like one of them seaside souvenir balls that swerves a lot in the wind, their second goal typified that!!:D

Decent work out was that against a team from La Liga. Looking forward to the start of the season now.

Also watched on the excellent stream.

Was really impressed with us on the whole. Ajay reminded me a lot of McPhee in terms of movement, Uche added another dimension when he came on, and Andoh looks a handful.

More impressively, we looked like we anted to try to play football. Street always looked to play out from the back, and there was very little hoofball from the midfield. Someone was absolutely barking out the orders from the sideline (Bodin I suspect), most of which involved spreading the play and keeping the ball.

Very encouraging.

Very enjoyable game, cracking half time sandwich and coffee too. We have the makings of a very good side, thought Getafe were a good technical side (which was expected) their number 20 was a supeb player. We got stuck in and matched them well. Cant wait for the season to start now, shame i couldn't get a Crewe ticket but will be at the Burnley game. Viva la Vale :)

Clanger from Johnson for their 1st, I thought he could have done better for the 2nd though it did take a deflection.

We were unlucky not to win against a quality side. I was impressed with Ajay, Streete and Foley.Enoch and ikpeasu looked a handful.

Against ten men or not, I think we played really well with some good passing movement. Uche looked a real handful when he came on and will cause a few problems against L1 defences. Against a very skilful side, I thought we just needed to pass, cross and shoot a bit earlier but it was encouraging to hear the instructions from the bench - keep it moving, move the ball, get it forward. The pressing was good too - all positive indications of a new coaching era at Vale Park. If we could just sign Innis on loan we would have a rock solid defence but, if not, it still looks very promising. Looking forward to the new season now. Well done, Vale - a very creditable performance and result. :yes:

Enjoyable game. Clanger by Johnson for the first, no real chance with the second as it was a massive deflection and one excellent save in the first half. Thought McGiven was the pick of the back 4, looks like he's lost a stone and looked a lot better for it. Foley got stronger as the game went on and the left winger (Kelly) started poorly when he came on but got better when he got in to the game. Thought Daniel had a decent first half and did well for the first goal.

All 4 players up front showed something. Andoh is a bit different, Leitch-Smiths movement is excellent, Uche is going to be a handful and Dodds showed some good touches.

Before today thought the back 4 would pick itself, but McGivern could oust **** from the left-back slot. Purckiss, Duffy (unless Innis signs) and Streete will almost certainly start.

Midfield is a bit of a headache as he needs to find a way to fit in Foley, Grant and O'Connor, guessing Foley will end up on the left and Moore on the right.

Uche will start up front as nobody will enjoy playing against him and any one of Dodds, Andoh and AJ (or even maybe Foley) could make a case to be the number 10. Good that the manager has a bit of a selection headache to start the season.

Very impressed with the football we played today against a good, albeit dirty, Spanish top flight team. Refreshing, as others have mentioned, to hear shouts of "keep it moving", "possession play" and "keep the football" as opposed to the draconian game we have seen in recent years. Very impressed with bodin so far as a coach and a technical thinker. He may end up being one of our greatest assets next season. Looking forward to the new season now. Just hoping for no more injuries to key players before 8/8.

Archived