onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

sutton gone

Bea Smith

Advert

There's already a thread on this somewhere but I must admit to finding this a rather more disturbing link:

http://www.port-vale.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10381~2383241,00.html

Micky Adams has been manager for over 6 weeks now and seems concerned that he didn't talk the player face to face? This rather confirms a story I was told suggesting that Sutton was told to "turn up for pre-season and we'll see if we can sort something out". I hope Micky Adams has defensive cover lined up somewhere because having lost Kris Taylor, Matt Bell and now Sutton we only have four defenders on the books don't we??

There's already a thread on this somewhere but I must admit to finding this a rather more disturbing link:

Micky Adams has been manager for over 6 weeks now and seems concerned that he didn't talk the player face to face? This rather confirms a story I was told suggesting that Sutton was told to "turn up for pre-season and we'll see if we can sort something out". I hope Micky Adams has defensive cover lined up somewhere because having lost Kris Taylor, Matt Bell and now Sutton we only have four defenders on the books don't we??

I mentioned my disgust at this in the Sutton thread Jacko.

Ive also mentioned many times my support for Micky and how chuffed i am at having him back.

Hes doing his best in alienating my support for him second time around. :(

Isnt that all that Micky (or any other manger we may have had) can do?? "see if we can sort something out" . Why/How can he sit down with a player with all the turmoil at the club? Surely thats why are in the bargain bucket basement for Hoddle loanees. Some people want to starve the board out , others (including me ) voted the board out but that went wrong and the board doesnt have enough directors to function and then the board that remained dont have any money.Im more disturbed anyone is surprised that we are losing players to Mansfield. To think any manager will find a better Div 4 squad player than Sutton on his wages is a dream or pure luck. Any player of his ability will earn more at Eastwood Town than at Vale. We are reaping what we sow and thats us all!

Isnt that all that Micky (or any other manger we may have had) can do?? "see if we can sort something out" . Why/How can he sit down with a player with all the turmoil at the club? Surely thats why are in the bargain bucket basement for Hoddle loanees. Some people want to starve the board out , others (including me ) voted the board out but that went wrong and the board doesnt have enough directors to function and then the board that remained dont have any money.Im more disturbed anyone is surprised that we are losing players to Mansfield. To think any manager will find a better Div 4 squad player than Sutton on his wages is a dream or pure luck. Any player of his ability will earn more at Eastwood Town than at Vale. We are reaping what we sow and thats us all!

Does a non-functional board mean that Micky Adams cannot discuss Sutton's future at the club? The club's finances are known and Adams must have had an idea (I hope) of where Sutton fits in his plans.

So the only situation that needed resolving was to get the board functional in order that contracts could be signed. That was sorted out two weeks ago and yet Micky Adams doesn't have enough time to talk to him before today? Well... that just makes no sense at all to me. He's had since May 23rd to get this settled. Which brings up the question, why was this not sorted out before the EGM, when the board was "functional"?

From the outside looking in, the club has once again made a mess of a simple situation and I wish Richie Sutton the best for the future. What will be interesting now is what cailbre of player wil be brought in as defensive cover, and we need at least two players in that area.

Archived