onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Well done Mr Smurthwaite!

OakhillDave

Advert

As a vegetarian I would definitely welcome more choice whether it be in terms of fillings in oatcakes, jacket potatoes, sandwiches and the types of pies and pasties that would potentially be sold. More of my money would go into the club rather than say at the Mothertown or oatcakes which I tend to get before the game from the oatcake shop on Hamil Road.

Something like this below would be welcome IN ADDITION to the more traditional meat pies, crisps and sandwiches. Before anyone jumps in, I am not telling anyone what to eat - just saying have a wide choice. That mushroom and ale pie below looks pretty good.

http://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/news/events-news/2011/forest-green-unveils-eco-food-for-fans

what about a few heated bags and get people to walk up and down the isles during the game selling pies or oatcakes!! might cut down the queues at half time. They do it here in NZ stadiums selling donuts. They even carry portable electronic payment machines so no need for cash.

what about a few heated bags and get people to walk up and down the isles during the game selling pies or oatcakes!! night cut down the queues at half time. They do it here in NZ stadiums selling donuts. They even carry portable electronic payment machines so no need for cash.

Wolf Nipple Chips! Get 'Em While They're Hot... They're Lovely!

Im not sure cooking on site is a good idea. It raises several questions about H&S and fire regulations and possibly serious expense.

We also have to consider the extremely restricted sales time factors... 2 hours maximum... 30 minutes peak.

Burger bars [griddle cooked] seem an easy option... veggi, lamb and mint, chilli beef etc... with similar hot dogs... would it be worthwhile to make them ourselves and freeze? [i think it could]... possibly with sandwiches pies and drinks separate? to keep the flow of customers moving.

Perhaps a double ended queue, burgers from the right, sandwiches from the left with drinks in the center.... if there is room.

Something like this below would be welcome IN ADDITION to the more traditional meat pies, crisps and sandwiches. Before anyone jumps in, I am not telling anyone what to eat - just saying have a wide choice. That mushroom and ale pie below looks pretty good.

http://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/news/events-news/2011/forest-green-unveils-eco-food-for-fans

My point precisely. More choice would be more than welcome.

Just wondering, when I started going the vale in the late 60s they never sold alcohol , when exactly did they start to sell beers at vale park, suppose it's a sign of the times that a bottle has become as part of a match day as a pie and bovril. Seems lots can't go 2 hours without a beer

What pious nonsense!

Im not sure cooking on site is a good idea. It raises several questions about H&S and fire regulations and possibly serious expense.

We also have to consider the extremely restricted sales time factors... 2 hours maximum... 30 minutes peak.

Burger bars [griddle cooked] seem an easy option... veggi, lamb and mint, chilli beef etc... with similar hot dogs... would it be worthwhile to make them ourselves and freeze? [i think it could]... possibly with sandwiches pies and drinks separate? to keep the flow of customers moving.

Perhaps a double ended queue, burgers from the right, sandwiches from the left with drinks in the center.... if there is room.

I agree there has to be a factor of simplicity I think jacket potatoes would be a great seller cheap to buy easy to cook and keep warm, many fillings to keep folk happy including veggie options. For the kids a pre packed "happy meal" would be great wrap/sandwich bag of fruit/ piece of fruit low sugar drink??

Archived