onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Well done Mr Smurthwaite!

OakhillDave

Advert

For me, it looks like the consensus is that if the club provides quality (and preferably) local food and alcohol (e.g. oatcakes and Titanic) then people will (hopefully) flock to the concourses.

My few ideas are:

1. I wonder if the club have explored the idea of cross-selling? Would it be difficult to say sell Golden Goal tickets, for example. So, you may get your drink pre-match and be asked "do you want to get a golden goal ticket as well?" You don't have to bother to queue at another kiosk and the club increases the sale by a quid or so.

2. How about a loyalty card to encourage repeat purchases? The shop at my railway station offers a free coffee once you've had your card stamped six times.

3. Along similar lines, how about the odd competition for anyone buying food/drink? It may encourage a few more sales if people think they may win something. It should be (although it may not be in practice) easy enough to dish out raffle tickets and then announce them on the scoreboard. A simply prize would be to give the winners some pre-paid vouchers for the next home game.

4. I like the idea of the pre-paid voucher. I see the club think this is a good way of predicting stock so perhaps they could encourage people to pay in advance by offering a "fast-track" aisle for people with vouchers. That's an incentive for people to pay in advance and useful for the club as they will get an idea of demand in advance.

5. As someone who intends to be taking his kids to games more often, will there be an improvement in the kids menu? I'm not sure what could be offered but it may be worth the club looking at what other teams offer in that area.

I think that some kind of pre-ordering/payment before the match for half time purchases could work, order and pay for what you want in exchange for a voucher or reference number then just turn up at half time at a pickup point and pick up your ready cooked pie/burger/drink, would surely help the club knowing how many they need to cook and would also cut down on the congestion at half time.

Also what about having some kind of themed special meal deal based on the team we play for a bit of fun, eg Cornish pasties & cider when we play teams like Plymouth, Yorkshire puddings when we play a Yorkshire team, there is probably a load more, it would be unique and show some creativity from the club.

Bombay Saphire? Ooh no. It has to be Hendricks with a slice of cucumber....

Never tried it, never will now, stopped drinking 3-4 years ago... well it seems that long... started on the bombay many years ago never changed it but dont have bits in it, just ice if it isnt chilled.... canadian club used to be my first choice, started drinking that about 50 years ago.

Difficult opening a food shop just for 2/3 hours once or twice a fortnight, but most football clubs do it. We should be OK with the collective knowledge of our travelling supporters on what is possible. Reducing/improving the menu etc to an economic scale is the challenge. But things can only improve.

Oatcakes, bacon, cheese & tomato.

Wrights Pies, steak or meat and tater - preferably hot.

Usual selection of sweets, chocolate, crisps.

Decent hot drinks - and pepper for the Bovril (I missed it too WWMH).

Decent bottled beer - Titanic a bit bitter for me, sooner have Hobgoblin or Old Peculier - yum.

And I suppose something cold and tasteless for the lagerheads.

Oatcakes, bacon, cheese & tomato.

Wrights Pies, steak or meat and tater - preferably hot.

Usual selection of sweets, chocolate, crisps.

Decent hot drinks - and pepper for the Bovril (I missed it too WWMH).

Decent bottled beer - Titanic a bit bitter for me, sooner have Hobgoblin or Old Peculier - yum.

And I suppose something cold and tasteless for the lagerheads.

Are Wrights pies cheap enough to make them worth selling? I think they're generally pretty crap. Might just be me though

I had a pie at Morecambe and thought it was nothing special.

Now, the puff pastry steak and ale pie at Chesterfield last season was a different matter. Best pie I've had in a long time. They use a local bakery which is a lot better than getting generic rubbish like Pukka Pies in.

Archived