onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Well done Mr Smurthwaite!

OakhillDave

Advert

1. Hot fresh burgers and hot dogs, fried onions and bread that is not bone dry.

2. Pies, a good selection - warm em up, keep em warm and serve em fast.

3. A big deep fat fryer and chips, loads of hot fresh chips - gravy or curry sauce would be a bonus but not a necessity.

4. Decent tea, coffee, hot chocolate and a choice of 2 lagers and 2 beers.

5. The usual pop, crisps and chocolate.

That's it, done. I'd be happy with that.

No dessert,selection of cheeses and vintage port?I'm shocked!;)

The Bycars is a good stand to watch the game from. The Railway stand is too far from the pitch and has a problem with people moving end to end at half time in that puts off many fans attending games who witness this including those with young children, older supporters and women. But the catering has been stunningly poor with poor burgers, over heated pies, running out of drink etc. There is no beer in the Bycars, I am not bothered about that though. As the above post points out only poor lager beer could be served and not my tipple.

Rob has said it for years, this website is a very valuable resource for Smurf. He's got some very wide ranging market research, for free and he'd be daft not to use it. If you look at some of the suggestions being made on this thread then you will see a pattern emerge; basically people want a bit of variety but most importantly they don't want rubbish.

I don't know what the trade price for a pie is, but surely the mark up makes it worthwhile not running out and sending the left overs home with the staff?

The Bycars is a good stand to watch the game from. The Railway stand is too far from the pitch and has a problem with people moving end to end at half time in that puts off many fans attending games who witness this including those with young children, older supporters and women. But the catering has been stunningly poor with poor burgers, over heated pies, running out of drink etc. There is no beer in the Bycars, I am not bothered about that though. As the above post points out only poor lager beer could be served and not my tipple.

What a pile of old donkey ****!!!

Beer in the bycars. I don't even sit in there but can't get my head round why they can't have a stall out the back selling cold bottles. Might encourage a few more to go in there.

I was told a few years back that because the concourse behind the bucars is so small, there is no where to serve beer that isn't in view of the pitch. So until the football league change the ridiculous drinking rules the Bycars will remain dry.

What a pile of old donkey ****!!!

As a younger supporter who might go to games in a group, sing, jump up and down, bait the away fans and have drunk several pints i can understand a lack of understanding of the impact. However, if you are an older supporter sitting quietly, or with young children or female, then 500 rowdy supporters many fuelled up on drink invading your seating area etc at half time is highly unappealing. It is why we moved from the Railway paddock to the Bycars. So I highlight this issue for Smurf and he can study it.

As a younger supporter who might go to games in a group, sing, jump up and down, bait the away fans and have drunk several pints i can understand a lack of understanding of the impact. However, if you are an older supporter sitting quietly, or with young children or female, then 500 rowdy supporters many fuelled up on drink invading your seating area etc at half time is highly unappealing. It is why we moved from the Railway paddock to the Bycars. So I highlight this issue for Smurf and he can study it.

Me and mates sit in the corner of the paddock mate by the Family stand as years ago, the second half was always a cracking atmosphere. However, the influx of fans moving seats to that end at half time tends not to happen as much now. Yeah the odd 1 or 2, but not loads. Years ago you would be scared go the Toilet at half time in case you lost your seat, nowadays you could go for a ruddy game of footy and still come back to 15 tumbleweeds either side of you.:laugh: Infact will see how it goes this season, but if no improvement in atmosphere 2nd half, might try and encourage the lads to move.

Archived