onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Well done Mr Smurthwaite!

OakhillDave

What about Shepherd's pie as at Dagenham? And proper sausages for the hot dogs? If Newcastle Town can do sausage or pie . and chips and Kidsgrove certainly do chips, we should be able to. Please proper tea and coffee, not plastic cups with hot water and some bits on the bottom. A|sager served proper tea in china cups, free for Vale supporters but I think that's a bit too much to ask.

Advert

What about Shepherd's pie as at Dagenham? And proper sausages for the hot dogs? If Newcastle Town can do sausage or pie . and chips and Kidsgrove certainly do chips, we should be able to. Please proper tea and coffee, not plastic cups with hot water and some bits on the bottom. A|sager served proper tea in china cups, free for Vale supporters but I think that's a bit too much to ask.

Doubt we'll get China cups for obvious reasons, wrights pies are fine as long as they are hot and we don't run out, I would imagine wrights do chicken balti pies that would be good, oatcakes is another good shout, and any lager other than ruddy carlsberg, preferably cold or cool.

Good news and good move by Norman, it would be nice to see us be unique with the menu, oatcakes would be good as they have that local element, as mentioned hot homemade soup in the winter, bacon baps, pie & peas, cottage pies, pizzas maybe, hot filled sandwiches, some nice bottled/draught ciders & beer, also have wide range of chocolate/sweets/crisps/cans of pop for the kids. Re the serving side might be worth having separate kiosks for drinks/food or people with correct money to speed up service,maybe some kind of pre-ordering and pick up point for collecting at half time could be worked on to help with demand.

This is taken from "Serving beer for dummies"

In the United States, most beers are served much too cold for serious appreciation. In fact, ice-cold temperatures ruin the flavor of good beer. The average refrigerator is set to keep food and drinks chilled at around 38 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit (about 4 degrees Celsius), but serving beers at this temperature has several negatives, including the following:

•The colder the beer, the less carbonation is released; the less carbonation that’s released, the less aroma the beer gives off.

•The palate is numbed to the point that it can’t discern many of the beer’s flavor nuances. (So this explains why some beers are best served just above the freezing mark!) Why bother drinking a beer if you can’t taste it? May as well have a Slurpee.

Cold temperatures = less carbonation released = less aroma = less taste = why bother? Save the really cold temps for lawnmower beer — the kind you chug down after mowing the lawn (taste? who cares?).

1. Hot fresh burgers and hot dogs, fried onions and bread that is not bone dry.

2. Pies, a good selection - warm em up, keep em warm and serve em fast.

3. A big deep fat fryer and chips, loads of hot fresh chips - gravy or curry sauce would be a bonus but not a necessity.

4. Decent tea, coffee, hot chocolate and a choice of 2 lagers and 2 beers.

5. The usual pop, crisps and chocolate.

That's it, done. I'd be happy with that.

Good news for the club and spectators.... hot dogs/chilli dogs/curry dogs... chunky soup... chilli and rice... curry and rice... decent pies with or without chilli/curry... all easy to make and maintain over a period of time [except pies] all interchangeable and servable in poly boxes.dishes..... unless the club are intending to maintain a big working kitchen which would only be used on/for match days.... bit uneconomical.... dont forget big bins

Well personally I think this is a ****** disgrace!

A Vale match just won't be the same without my soggy out of date pie and weak as cat's **** tea.

SMURF OUT!!!!!!!!!

only joking norman, I'd miss my stale bread warm hot dog with raw onions,and the crap served up at the bycars is ten times worse.

Archived