onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

AJ Leitch-Smith

werstayinup

So more over the top bed wetting by some of the regulars on here.Some of you are pathetic! Not only not giving the manager any kind of chance but what if Norman is right and the budget is spent? Who do you expect to come in?

I would take him as long as we get a Pope type player to play up top and then Leitch-Smith or Dodds behind. Im certainly not going to slag him off without seeing him play week in week out.

Advert

My statement of Page gone by christmas is an opinion based on his signings and incase you have conveniently forgot, the shocking demise in his last 11 games last season.

He should never have got the job in the summer and did nothing to warrant it.

He kept us up that was the brief, for goodness sake dont blame him for the budget he can only spend what hes got, who would you have signed for peanuts ?

I agree with the last two lines completely. But this is a new season, and I commented on a different post about the signings and am struggling to see why you feel they are weak signings, surely Foley, Grant and Streete are excellent signings. Kelly we dont know and Purkiss looks decent enough.

Kelly you don't know!! Everyone seems to be creaming themselves about Streete and Innis, and calling them the best pairing in the division, yet they have played about 7 league between them (and some say we should pay £600k for one of them) . What the hell do we know about them? Some fans need a reality check. I ****** well hope AJ isn't our top scorer because he wont get more than 5.

So more over the top bed wetting by some of the regulars on here.Some of you are pathetic! Not only not giving the manager any kind of chance but what if Norman is right and the budget is spent? Who do you expect to come in?

I would take him as long as we get a Pope type player to play up top and then Leitch-Smith or Dodds behind. Im certainly not going to slag him off without seeing him play week in week out.

It was his job to balance the budget. We have a ridiculous amount of midfielders and no strikers. Who's fault is that? Why sign the likes of birchall and Lloyd and then bring in Kelly, foley and grant? Surely the money could have boosted the budget for a decent striker? If the budget is spent then sets the managers fault.

What does the AJ stand for - Absolute Joke? :)

This would be the first signing I would be disappointed with, however that said look at Sodje's and McPhee's record before they came here. Pope also was poor as he was in his first season with us and I remember refereeing Constantine in Toquay's reserves the week before I thought we 'wasted' 75k on him when he, Akinfenwa and Jo Kuffor couldn't have cared less and we're getting all manner of grief from their management. Football as some daft old guy once said 'is a funny old game', actually scratch that he also said Vale had no chance of beating Spurs in '88 :laugh:

It was his job to balance the budget. We have a ridiculous amount of midfielders and no strikers. Who's fault is that? Why sign the likes of birchall and Lloyd and then bring in Kelly, foley and grant? Surely the money could have boosted the budget for a decent striker? If the budget is spent then sets the managers fault.

I agree, his retained list will take some undoing to stop being the joke and waste it was. He's proven he can pick a player so why give contracts out to dross like Yates, Birchall, Dodds, Lloyd etc. Maybe he was scared of backing his own judgement.

To add my two penneth I too would take a lot of convincing AJLS would be worth spending a wage on. Before ANY more money is spent I'd like to see Ryan Inniss returning and a proper goalscorer or two, not a virtual carbon copy of Ben Williamson, ie, a forward who rarely scores. For me our squad is big enough apart from Inniss / alternative decent centre half and two goalscorers & if we can't get players who we know will score I'd take a chance on Campion and Kapend first then use the loan system if they don't come good.

My memory of him at Crewe was that he was one of those "good footballer" strikers that would hold it up, play nice passes, run in behind etc but without ever looking a goal threat.

I'd actually say based on history, I'd prefer Ben Williamson.

I'm very worried about where the goals will come from this season.

Archived