Sign in to follow this  
butt lane vale fan

Smurf interview

Why are people so ****** off? The budget won't be far off spent , for a start is was reduced from last season , then we lost Pope, veselli, Marshall and Williamson , we have then signed Foley, purkiss, Kelly, Grant and street. Plus o connor resigned , possibly at a pay increase?? I'm happy with the dealings so far, we have roughly 150 k left? Maybe more , this is 3k a week, which gets you either one maybe two decent players add in a couple of loans like inniss and we aren't far off a top half side.

.................Neal

Purkiss..street..Iniss...dicko?

Moore..o connor..grant...Foley/Kelly

..........new forward...loan?/Dodds?

I don't agree with on many things saying that don't think I have agreed on anything you have ever said lol.

Yet this post I agree. Football is a funny old game.

I know that I am stating the obvious but we do desperately need to get some firepower in for next season,

Otherwise I am genuinely becoming concerned where the goals are going to come from. :(

We will be in the brown stuff next season if the above is not addressed imo.

Excellent Geo, that made me smile

Its true scoob... he has a good run, good news, good work, positive stuff..... then kicks himself in the delicates for some unknown reason.

Come! Come rent a flat in my luxury development! Look at the snazzy bathroom and luxury bedroom! Unfortunately we'll only be able to put a roof on if we leese all the appartments out.

hahahaha :laugh:

And l will be still interviewing 2 strikers next week

Please tell us that they are of decent quality and a player like Aaron McLean whose best days are behind him for me.

Come! Come rent a flat in my luxury development! Look at the snazzy bathroom and luxury bedroom! Unfortunately we'll only be able to put a roof on if we leese all the appartments out.

Wasn't that Harlequin's business model?

We all wanted a clear-out in the summer but the only clear-out has been of the quality players.

Instead we're left with deadwood like Yates, Birchall and Doods and only the suggestion of strikers before August 8th.

Looks like a major communication error between Page and Smurf or total incompetence. Or both.

Sorry Alan and i am more than likely in the minority here but i dont think Yates is deadwood,he is decent cover for me.....also we have added some very good additions so far,all positives for me

Fantastic post. Although I am always surprised at the fan base and warm feelings people hold for Bratt when he gets mentioned by usually older fans at the ground. At the Preston game last season I heard an old couple in the Lorne Street say how much they missed him. Nearly choked on my pie!

Some people are sceptical of Smurf.

The marketing for season tickets is poor. Take Stevenage Borough. Log on their website and they have a very basic ticket purchase page, but you can buy a season ticket, no questions asked, online for £200 and it comes in the post! Fuss free.

In millions of industries CEO's have detailed figures on a weekly/monthly basis and if the budget is running out or run out as in our case flag up their concerns.

That is unless it is is in the public sector then is doesnt matter

Try working in the public sector and find out. You haven't a clue.

In millions of industries CEO's have detailed figures on a weekly/monthly basis and if the budget is running out or run out as in our case flag up their concerns.

That is unless it is is in the public sector then is doesnt matter

Not to change the subject but have you seen how many public sector workers have been made redundant in the past few years? Clearly it does matter

Anyways.....many a football club survives to an extent cos of the financial input of an owner/benefactor rather than having to survive solely on what it can earn commercially.

Not to change the subject but have you seen how many public sector workers have been made redundant in the past few years? Clearly it does matter

Anyways.....many a football club survives to an extent cos of the financial input of an owner/benefactor rather than having to survive solely on what it can earn commercially.

His point is smurf should have a much better handle on the numbers .. The buck stops with him, not page .. It's all good empowering someone (although not if you subsequently criticise in public) but if you strongly feel your man has got it wrong you have to step in and

There are two ways to go about it.

1) As above. Build it (sign the players) and they will come. The Premier League ST loan last season was handled seriously badly. If we signed him first the crowds would have flocked if he was as exciting as promised. Guilt tripping the fans saying he'll be signed if you turn up doesn't work. If there's loads of positive spin and marketing on it, encouragement and exciting statements in the press then possibly but the way it developed was a situation where the fans were held to ransom on a guilt trip, communicated via Twitter.

2) Instead of saying I need x more tickets if you want strikers, push a ST marketing campaign and say the club has exciting targets lined up, help us get them.

The ST forms I posted on page 1 say it all for me. The Colchester one says they want my business, they're going to incentivise me with positive news about the club and vouchers and things, and they're always available if I want to speak to them about buying the product. The lazy Vale one someone made in Microsoft word in two minutes says they're not really bothered, I can take it or leave it, it doesn't really matter to them, now sod off as Ted in the ticket office is going on his lunch break.

No point knocking if no one in

Anyone who thinks you are complaining is clearly crackers. People want communication then they don't want it! Chairmen will never win.

For me it's a marketing ploy for me, whether it works or not we will see but it's good to be kept informed.

Oh and A46, I thought you only played on the M6? :laugh:

Poorly judged marketing campaign if so

I know that I am stating the obvious but we do desperately need to get some firepower in for next season,

Otherwise I am genuinely becoming concerned where the goals are going to come from. :(

We will be in the brown stuff next season if the above is not addressed imo.

My amazement on the whole matter is that Rob Page has spent the budget and left us with nothing up top.

Norman can go on about season tickets all he wants but whatever budget you have you have to produce a balanced squad.

To have a 1.7 million budget, which Norman says is now 1.85 million, and to only have Campion and Kapend as out and out strikers on the books is totally inept by the manager.