Sign in to follow this  
butt lane vale fan

Smurf interview

First time I won't be having a season ticket in 35 years. Can't afford a ticket this season but I do think the constant talk of needing to shift so many tickets or the squad will be trimmed doesn't help sales of season tickets. It doesn't make me feel guilty, more angry that I feel like I'm being blamed for our problems.

I am not complaining just keeping you all informed

That interview was given whilst l was driving at 70mph on the A46 so responded to direct questions

I know facts are not a good marketing exercise but l would of thought by know Fans would of had enough of lies or silence

Now l will not lie but maybe you should not be informed then you would not mis judge me as complaining

Im sure you said in the interview that you had set a budget that the manager had spent and that you hadnt got the squad that you thought would be able to compete, I am just very confused as to why it should get to this position when both strikers have left the club

Thank You l have learnt a lot over the last 3 seasons

Let me be clear

To support a budget of 1.7M l need ST at circa 3300

The budget currently stands at 1.85M

There will be some player movement next week but that will still leave the budget over 1.7M

If we only sell 2500 that 800 represents a reduction of circa £233,000

What would you have me do ?

Incoming movement mr smurthwaite or outgoings?

Just seems to be one step forward, then two steps back on the PR front. We are again talking about supporters buying tickets or we get poor strikers. Cant believe we have at least 4 players in the squad who are just no where near good enough, where their money could help go towards decent strikers. Cant understand how Rob can be allowed to keep buying players (and take us over budget) when he made his bed when allowing some of the dross to sign again. Thank god you bailed him out Smurf.

Just seems to be one step forward' date=' then two steps back on the PR front. We are again talking about supporters buying tickets or we get poor strikers. Cant believe we have at least 4 players in the squad who are just no where near good enough, where their money could help go towards decent strikers. Cant understand how Rob can be allowed to keep buying players (and take us over budget) when he made his bed when allowing some of the dross to sign again. Thank god you bailed him out Smurf.[/quote']

This is my problem Page will get the blame and yet he has been ALLOWED to use up all the budget,it shouldnt get to a bailing out.

fair point... still unsure how the amount comes to 1.8 (appreciate includes Mr Lines who should be on his way)

Theres Lines Pope and Ive just remembered Adams salary,Page wont be on anything like MA was on so there have been massive savings

Hello Mr chairman,I'm sorry but I really don't understand the logic of having 3 goalkeepers within our squad,if the situation arose where by are 2 keepers were injured or suspended an emergency load would always be available, I really don't think are funds being appropriately used for the good of are great club.

Theres Lines Pope and Ive just remembered Adams salary,Page wont be on anything like MA was on so there have been massive savings

Budget only relates to players and includes

Salary. Employer NI. Appearance Fee. Bonus's. Agent Fee's. Accommodation

It would appear that the likes of Yates, Dodds and Birchall will either be under pressure from the new recruits for their places or are going to be squad players as a starting point.

There can't be many Division 3 clubs with 3 goalies - maybe we'll send one out on loan (preferably Sam Johnson, who needs to learn from his shockers against Leyton and Colchester).

I'm sure there are plans to bring in a striker or two, Rob Page ain't daft!!

ps Smurf I will be renewing my ST this weekend so you can add my £345 to the sums!!

And l will be still interviewing 2 strikers next week

It looks like somebody somewhere has messed up not sure if it's Page or Smurf re the budget, we have made what look like decent signings so far but the squad is currently lacking any quality as an attacking threat we still need 2 first team strikers and 1 backup aswell the squad appears to have an imbalance of plenty of midfielders but no proven forwards, as mentioned before I think it highlights what most of us said re the retained list, did we really need 3 keepers, did we need to keep Yates when we had Duffy under contract who can play right back, where exactly is Birchall/Lloyd going to start games, we currently have 3 left backs under contract perhaps we should try to offload one of Mcgivern,Dicko or Deen-Conteh? I'll be renewing my season tickets this weekend so hopefully that will help a bit!