Sign in to follow this  
butt lane vale fan

Smurf interview

I'm somewhat confused by this so forgive me if I come out with drivel. The way I see it is the 5 incoming players cost as much as the outgoing 4 + £400000 and then some more. Somehow I can't see it.

I'm somewhat confused by this so forgive me if I come out with drivel. The way I see it is the 5 incoming players cost as much as the outgoing 4 + £400000 and then some more. Somehow I can't see it.

Pope,Willo,Marshall and Veseli ,I thought, were included in the £1.3 budget.It seems you are right inner sanctum.Maybe one or two of last years shower have managed to get a better deal? The new players must be on decent dosh and maybe Okey has got a better deal than first thought.Lines wages would be included in the £1.3 pot also or maybe not ?I thought we were well off:DGet them STs bought you dogs.:laugh:

I would like to think we can get 3300 ST holders and for what it's worth I'll be buying four of them on Saturday.

We really need more goals in the side or the good signings so far could be in vain.

As for Norm's position & statement I don't think he could be more fair or clear. Let's hope enough of us back him.

Great post, he's clearly just trying to incentivise fans.

Wouldn't it have been better to sign the strikers, maybe extend the ST early bird deadline for a week and then do the rounds of the local media rallying support rather than trying to persuade ditherers by saying that even if they do sign up we might not have any (proper) strikers all season?

I do think that Norman is trying to play clever and we do have a couple of forwards lined up but think that their unveiling would boost the ST sales more if it was done before the end of the month/ cheaper tickets.

Smurfs complaining that the budget is already used up........................Who sanctions the deals ?:huh:

I'd suggest they all need his signature on the contracts

I'd suggest they all need his signature on the contracts

So if thats the case why didnt Smurf say to Page hang on we cant afford him ? His comments today just dont make sense

So if thats the case why didnt Smurf say to Page hang on we cant afford him ? His comments today just dont make sense

Not much that Smurf says makes sense. EVERYTHING Smurf does makes sense. I think we're just best waiting as we'll undoubtedly sign the forwards we need.

I think come the first match we will have our strikers in place there are a few things to dot the 'I' s and cross the 'T's yet ie with confirmation of Innis who has been included in the budget and Lines if he goes to BR if both of them don't happen or only one happens will depend on what money we have available as to how much we can spend on strikers

I've not read any of this thread but seeing the sentinel headline, quality will depend on season tickets sales esc quotes!!! I despair!!!

It doesn't work like that in football, do you think Man Utd think we'll not bother this year boys because we aren't in the Champs league.... Do they heck as like... People go to watch a good product on the pitch, good players/special players breed optimism in fans, that optimism (in my view) gets bums on seats and sells season tickets... Until the wheels off that is and I hope it doesn't this time :) you have to show intent and that gets people through the gates!!!

Come on Norman, you must have learned by now?

I've not read any of this thread but seeing the sentinel headline, quality will depend on season tickets sales esc quotes!!! I despair!!!

It doesn't work like that in football, do you think Man Utd think we'll not bother this year boys because we aren't in the Champs league.... Do they heck as like... People go to watch a good product on the pitch, good players/special players breed optimism in fans, that optimism (in my view) gets bums on seats and sells season tickets... Until the wheels off that is and I hope it doesn't this time :) you have to show intent and that gets people through the gates!!!

Haven't the fans learnt it's all a game but people still love to moan. Smurf knows what he is doing. As for speculate to accumulate, it's not possible under the new rules especially for a club that is not long out of admin...

Thank You l have learnt a lot over the last 3 seasons

Let me be clear

To support a budget of 1.7M l need ST at circa 3300

The budget currently stands at 1.85M

There will be some player movement next week but that will still leave the budget over 1.7M

If we only sell 2500 that 800 represents a reduction of circa £233,000

What would you have me do ?

Whilst I think that a rallying call before a match may get an extra few through the doors, I can't imagine that anyone would be persuaded to get a season ticket because of NS's interview today. Genuine question: has anyone on here decided that they will now be getting an ST because if they don't, we might not get any strikers in?

I've always been a huge supporter of the chairman but this interview today was phenomenally ill-judged. Even if he (understandably) need another 1300 tickets selling, a comment along the lines of "we've got a couple of really exciting players lined up, get your ST at an early bird price and be part of it" would have been so much better than what he actually came out with. Still back the guy 100% but... *sighs*

Thank You l have learnt a lot over the last 3 seasons

Let me be clear

To support a budget of 1.7M l need ST at circa 3300

The budget currently stands at 1.85M

There will be some player movement next week but that will still leave the budget over 1.7M

If we only sell 2500 that 800 represents a reduction of circa £233,000

What would you have me do ?

Why do you sanction signings and then complain the budget is used up ?

I am not complaining just keeping you all informed

That interview was given whilst l was driving at 70mph on the A46 so responded to direct questions

I know facts are not a good marketing exercise but l would of thought by know Fans would of had enough of lies or silence

Now l will not lie but maybe you should not be informed then you would not mis judge me as complaining

I am not complaining just keeping you all informed

That interview was given whilst l was driving at 70mph on the A46 so responded to direct questions

I know facts are not a good marketing exercise but l would of thought by know Fans would of had enough of lies or silence

Now l will not lie but maybe you should not be informed then you would not mis judge me as complaining