onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf interview

I've not read any of this thread but seeing the sentinel headline, quality will depend on season tickets sales esc quotes!!! I despair!!!

It doesn't work like that in football, do you think Man Utd think we'll not bother this year boys because we aren't in the Champs league.... Do they heck as like... People go to watch a good product on the pitch, good players/special players breed optimism in fans, that optimism (in my view) gets bums on seats and sells season tickets... Until the wheels off that is and I hope it doesn't this time :) you have to show intent and that gets people through the gates!!!

Come on Norman, you must have learned by now?

Thank You l have learnt a lot over the last 3 seasons

Let me be clear

To support a budget of 1.7M l need ST at circa 3300

The budget currently stands at 1.85M

There will be some player movement next week but that will still leave the budget over 1.7M

If we only sell 2500 that 800 represents a reduction of circa £233,000

What would you have me do ?

Advert

Whilst I think that a rallying call before a match may get an extra few through the doors, I can't imagine that anyone would be persuaded to get a season ticket because of NS's interview today. Genuine question: has anyone on here decided that they will now be getting an ST because if they don't, we might not get any strikers in?

I've always been a huge supporter of the chairman but this interview today was phenomenally ill-judged. Even if he (understandably) need another 1300 tickets selling, a comment along the lines of "we've got a couple of really exciting players lined up, get your ST at an early bird price and be part of it" would have been so much better than what he actually came out with. Still back the guy 100% but... *sighs*

Let me be clear

There will be some player movement next week but that will still leave the budget over 1.7M

Why do you sanction signings and then complain the budget is used up ?

I am not complaining just keeping you all informed

That interview was given whilst l was driving at 70mph on the A46 so responded to direct questions

I know facts are not a good marketing exercise but l would of thought by know Fans would of had enough of lies or silence

Now l will not lie but maybe you should not be informed then you would not mis judge me as complaining

That interview was given whilst l was driving at 70mph on the A46 so responded to direct questions

I know facts are not a good marketing exercise but l would of thought by know Fans would of had enough of lies or silence

Now l will not lie but maybe you should not be informed then you would not mis judge me as complaining

First time I won't be having a season ticket in 35 years. Can't afford a ticket this season but I do think the constant talk of needing to shift so many tickets or the squad will be trimmed doesn't help sales of season tickets. It doesn't make me feel guilty, more angry that I feel like I'm being blamed for our problems.

Im sure you said in the interview that you had set a budget that the manager had spent and that you hadnt got the squad that you thought would be able to compete, I am just very confused as to why it should get to this position when both strikers have left the club

Let me be clear

Incoming movement mr smurthwaite or outgoings?

Just seems to be one step forward, then two steps back on the PR front. We are again talking about supporters buying tickets or we get poor strikers. Cant believe we have at least 4 players in the squad who are just no where near good enough, where their money could help go towards decent strikers. Cant understand how Rob can be allowed to keep buying players (and take us over budget) when he made his bed when allowing some of the dross to sign again. Thank god you bailed him out Smurf.

Just seems to be one step forward' date=' then two steps back on the PR front. We are again talking about supporters buying tickets or we get poor strikers. Cant believe we have at least 4 players in the squad who are just no where near good enough, where their money could help go towards decent strikers. Cant understand how Rob can be allowed to keep buying players (and take us over budget) when he made his bed when allowing some of the dross to sign again. Thank god you bailed him out Smurf.[/quote']

This is my problem Page will get the blame and yet he has been ALLOWED to use up all the budget,it shouldnt get to a bailing out.

Archived