onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf interview

Advert

I'm somewhat confused by this so forgive me if I come out with drivel. The way I see it is the 5 incoming players cost as much as the outgoing 4 + £400000 and then some more. Somehow I can't see it.

Pope,Willo,Marshall and Veseli ,I thought, were included in the £1.3 budget.It seems you are right inner sanctum.Maybe one or two of last years shower have managed to get a better deal? The new players must be on decent dosh and maybe Okey has got a better deal than first thought.Lines wages would be included in the £1.3 pot also or maybe not ?I thought we were well off:DGet them STs bought you dogs.:laugh:

I would like to think we can get 3300 ST holders and for what it's worth I'll be buying four of them on Saturday.

We really need more goals in the side or the good signings so far could be in vain.

As for Norm's position & statement I don't think he could be more fair or clear. Let's hope enough of us back him.

Great post, he's clearly just trying to incentivise fans.

Wouldn't it have been better to sign the strikers, maybe extend the ST early bird deadline for a week and then do the rounds of the local media rallying support rather than trying to persuade ditherers by saying that even if they do sign up we might not have any (proper) strikers all season?

I do think that Norman is trying to play clever and we do have a couple of forwards lined up but think that their unveiling would boost the ST sales more if it was done before the end of the month/ cheaper tickets.

So if thats the case why didnt Smurf say to Page hang on we cant afford him ? His comments today just dont make sense

Not much that Smurf says makes sense. EVERYTHING Smurf does makes sense. I think we're just best waiting as we'll undoubtedly sign the forwards we need.

I think come the first match we will have our strikers in place there are a few things to dot the 'I' s and cross the 'T's yet ie with confirmation of Innis who has been included in the budget and Lines if he goes to BR if both of them don't happen or only one happens will depend on what money we have available as to how much we can spend on strikers

I've not read any of this thread but seeing the sentinel headline, quality will depend on season tickets sales esc quotes!!! I despair!!!

It doesn't work like that in football, do you think Man Utd think we'll not bother this year boys because we aren't in the Champs league.... Do they heck as like... People go to watch a good product on the pitch, good players/special players breed optimism in fans, that optimism (in my view) gets bums on seats and sells season tickets... Until the wheels off that is and I hope it doesn't this time :) you have to show intent and that gets people through the gates!!!

Come on Norman, you must have learned by now?

I've not read any of this thread but seeing the sentinel headline, quality will depend on season tickets sales esc quotes!!! I despair!!!

It doesn't work like that in football, do you think Man Utd think we'll not bother this year boys because we aren't in the Champs league.... Do they heck as like... People go to watch a good product on the pitch, good players/special players breed optimism in fans, that optimism (in my view) gets bums on seats and sells season tickets... Until the wheels off that is and I hope it doesn't this time :) you have to show intent and that gets people through the gates!!!

Come on Norman, you must have learned by now?

Haven't the fans learnt it's all a game but people still love to moan. Smurf knows what he is doing. As for speculate to accumulate, it's not possible under the new rules especially for a club that is not long out of admin...

Archived