onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf interview

Advert

"Smurthwaite says manager Rob Page's budget of £1.7m has already been spent".

How is this possible?

We've lost Pope who was on a 'crazy contract' according to Smurf. Williamson has moved on. Robertson & Mohamed have freed up more wages.

Birchall, Yates, Lloyd, Johnson and Dodds have been re-signed on reduced terms. I imagine O'Connor was given an increase to tempt him into staying. Then we've signed Foley & Purkiss, who I imagine won't be on a massive wage. We've also signed Kelly who I doubt will be on much as a 'chancer'. Then Grant and Streete have signed but I doubt they would command too much?

If the budget is already spent, then how can we give Marshall & Veseli a contract? I'm assuming they don't sign, but from what Smurf is saying, there isn't any money left to sign them anyway!

Then how are we going to find the money for a couple of strikers?

Where has all the money gone?!

If Ryan Inniss comes in as expected/budgeted, why not then offload either Duffy or McGivern (surely we don't need both warming the bench), offload Lines to Bristol, and offload Daniel.

The wage bill from Duffy/McGivern, Lines and Daniel could surely then fund a decent striker?

I guess the question would be a) are any clubs interested in them and b) would the player want to move?

The only player that almost certainly would answer "yes" to both those would be Lines.

"Smurthwaite says manager Rob Page's budget of £1.7m has already been spent".

How is this possible?

We've lost Pope who was on a 'crazy contract' according to Smurf. Williamson has moved on. Robertson & Mohamed have freed up more wages.

Birchall, Yates, Lloyd, Johnson and Dodds have been re-signed on reduced terms. I imagine O'Connor was given an increase to tempt him into staying. Then we've signed Foley & Purkiss, who I imagine won't be on a massive wage. We've also signed Kelly who I doubt will be on much as a 'chancer'. Then Grant and Streete have signed but I doubt they would command too much?

If the budget is already spent, then how can we give Marshall & Veseli a contract? I'm assuming they don't sign, but from what Smurf is saying, there isn't any money left to sign them anyway!

Then how are we going to find the money for a couple of strikers?

Where has all the money gone?!

An £800,000 decrease in the wage bill?

Why is it we have a good week(signings etc) most are feeling more positive so Smurf then goes and says this,it would of been better to say nothing and just get on with it.

He must realise by now that fans wont buy tickets by bribing them with signings,they need to see a seasoned striker and that will entice them after the signings so far.

Smurf....if these the facts then it makes sense to go after that second loan player from Palace and get Keshi Anderson along with Inniss on a season long loan......then use the Lines wage to get JJ Hooper on the books.

JJ Hooper and Keshi Anderson with a midfield of Moore/O'Connor/Grant/Foley to supply the bullets sounds good and there's Dodds and Campion for cover plus Andoh plays as a striker as an U23 International not to forget young Kapend.

Hooper/Anderson/Dodds/Campion/Andoh/Kapend.......good news about Inniss but we need two strikers by next week for Pre-Season.

Smurf....if these the facts then it makes sense to go after that second loan player from Palace and get Keshi Anderson along with Inniss on a season long loan......then use the Lines wage to get JJ Hooper on the books.

JJ Hooper and Keshi Anderson with a midfield of Moore/O'Connor/Grant/Foley to supply the bullets sounds good and there's Dodds and Campion for cover plus Andoh plays as a striker as an U23 International not to forget young Kapend.

Hooper/Anderson/Dodds/Campion/Andoh/Kapend.......good news about Inniss but we need two strikers by next week for Pre-Season.

I think JJ Hooper would cost a fee

Archived