Sign in to follow this  
butt lane vale fan

Smurf interview

https://audioboom.com/boos/3314598-port-vale-owner-norman-smurthwaite-on-bringing-ryan-innis-back-to-the-club

Genuine question Norman, you said if all players signed we would have £400k for 5 or 6 new players. Streete you said would be on top of that out of your own pocket.

We've since lost 4, Pope, Williamson, Marshall and Versali and brought in 4, forget Streete, as don't forget you said he wasn't included in the Budget. So we've brought in what we've lost so how is the budget already spent or did you base the £1.7mil on a figure of 3300 Season Tickets sold.

Presumably the budget will increase when there is the usual end of June season ticket buying.

Confusingly he said the budget was 1.7, the signing of the last two has taken that up to 1.85

Confused ? I am

Im really pleased with our business so far, some great additions with Iniss almost a cert, I just wish the preson who has made these great signings happen would not give out interviews

BLVF. I think that Norman explained the situation quite well. He stated that if the season ticket sales reached his budget of 3300, then this would equate to two new strikers coming in within his existing budget. Any drop in the 3300 would affect the £1.7m budget due to the Football League fair play rules.

BLVF. I think that Norman explained the situation quite well. He stated that if the season ticket sales reached his budget of 3300, then this would equate to two new strikers coming in within his existing budget. Any drop in the 3300 would affect the £1.7m budget due to the Football League fair play rules.

yep, but did not explain how we are up to 1.85 with no strikers at all

I'm surprised you are surprised/confused, TD. Years of NS press conferences tells us that we should judge him on what he does not what he says, as most of what he says makes no sense.

perhaps i have confused myself

Im really pleased with our business so far, some great additions with Iniss almost a cert, I just wish the preson who has made these great signings happen would not give out interviews

i've not listened to the interview as no doubt it will leave me shaking me head asking why...

We've done brilliant business so far and Norman's tweet about the charity car wash yesterday made me laugh out load - please dont ruin it Norman

to qoute Ronan Keating "you say it best, when you say nothing at all..."

Sounds like it was designed to encourage ST sales, bit overly complicated as an explanation and a bit foggy with the details [perhaps its just me]..... to cut 3min 51secs down..... we need to sell more STs

From the sounds of 03:00 onwards, Norman isn't very happy with Page spending the budget by July on signing the likes of Birchall and Yates

Don't know about anyone else but it's quite clear to me that if Norman wants to sell those ST's he needs to get out and advertise. Bratt was a ******** ***** *** ******* yet still oversaw the T5000 campaign.

We've signed Streete. Inniss looks very likely. Foley looks a great acquisition. Raj Athal needs to be kicking the marketing department into shape and get them churning out promotional material for a season ticket campaign with these players faces on the adverts.

Sentinel. RS. Signal 1. Knot FM. Six towns radio. OVF/PVO/offical site/Sentinel site. Physical signage outside VP as you drive past. That photo on the shop wall of a crowd from the 50's/60's looks brilliant and has a strong impact on the look of VP. Get some advertising up in the same style.

Are we still running the shop in the Potteries centre? Advertise and sell there.

First season back in L1 we had a really nicely designed ST brochure readily available on the website. I was away in Sheffield but still bought one, the signings of Dickinson etc... and the marketing within the ST brochure encouraged me to get one. The one I've seen this season is a plain black text on white background PDF someone made in Microsoft Word in two minutes, posted on here because the link on the OS was obscure. There should be a great big flashy button on the home page.

Build it and they will come only rings true if the customer can see/hear about the product. At the moment, and historically, communication is diabolical.

We are turning things around, Norman has delivered some great players. We've sold a load of boxes already and for probably the first time in the history of the universe we've got the new shirts out on the right side of the Summer. We need to crack on now and address the other aspects of the business that are failing, i.e. comms and marketing. Very basic stuff but they've been neglected by far too long, the legacy of V2001 and cretins like Chris Bedding.

We have a link with Staffs Uni now don't we? They have Business, Business Management, Marketing and Telecommunication degrees. That means placement and grad students in the local area who need a job, and who wouldn't cost a fortune.

I'm not asking for premier league level propaganda being churned out. This stuff is just the very basics. Clubs much smaller than us get this right, why can't we? It's frustrating seeing so much potential go to waste.

After some exams next week I'm free for 3 weeks, I'll knock up the b1oody posters if it helps us get players like Andy Williams in.

Potteries shop is closed... Im not free for 3 weeks... but the rest?.... with you 100%

What are seasonal goal scorers?

Well, if it's ones that only score between the months of August and May, I'm happy with seasonal scorers... ;)

From the sounds of 03:00 onwards, Norman isn't very happy with Page spending the budget by July on signing the likes of Birchall and Yates

Don't know about anyone else but it's quite clear to me that if Norman wants to sell those ST's he needs to get out and advertise. Bratt was a ******** ***** *** ******* yet still oversaw the T5000 campaign.

We've signed Streete. Inniss looks very likely. Foley looks a great acquisition. Raj Athal needs to be kicking the marketing department into shape and get them churning out promotional material for a season ticket campaign with these players faces on the adverts.

Sentinel. RS. Signal 1. Knot FM. Six towns radio. OVF/PVO/offical site/Sentinel site. Physical signage outside VP as you drive past. That photo on the shop wall of a crowd from the 50's/60's looks brilliant and has a strong impact on the look of VP. Get some advertising up in the same style.

Are we still running the shop in the Potteries centre? Advertise and sell there.

First season back in L1 we had a really nicely designed ST brochure readily available on the website. I was away in Sheffield but still bought one, the signings of Dickinson etc... and the marketing within the ST brochure encouraged me to get one. The one I've seen this season is a plain black text on white background PDF someone made in Microsoft Word in two minutes, posted on here because the link on the OS was obscure. There should be a great big flashy button on the home page.

Build it and they will come only rings true if the customer can see/hear about the product. At the moment, and historically, communication is diabolical.

We are turning things around, Norman has delivered some great players. We've sold a load of boxes already and for probably the first time in the history of the universe we've got the new shirts out on the right side of the Summer. We need to crack on now and address the other aspects of the business that are failing, i.e. comms and marketing. Very basic stuff but they've been neglected by far too long, the legacy of V2001 and cretins like Chris Bedding.

We have a link with Staffs Uni now don't we? They have Business, Business Management, Marketing and Telecommunication degrees. That means placement and grad students in the local area who need a job, and who wouldn't cost a fortune.

I'm not asking for premier league level propaganda being churned out. This stuff is just the very basics. Clubs much smaller than us get this right, why can't we? It's frustrating seeing so much potential go to waste.

After some exams next week I'm free for 3 weeks, I'll knock up the b1oody posters if it helps us get players like Andy Williams in.

I agree that I think NS is saying that RP has to justify his retained list decisions. I think he (RP) must be under no illusions that Vale need to start the season strongly.

I'm with Doha on the need to get the advertising right. I particularly agree on the use of the 1950's style imagery and lettering - it gives an identity.

I am very happy for OVF to join the campaign. When I get a chance I will be pushing the season tickets on the front page and forum until the early bird deadline and re-tweeting all marketing messages from the club. I guess every little helps and if we, the fans, can push it as well, we may just get there.

Well, if it's ones that only score between the months of August and May, I'm happy with seasonal scorers... ;)

I wasnt sure if he meant.. seasonal.. as in football season.... seasoned.. as in old hand at.. or something else

I think its fair enough, no reason for him to lie and figures include Innis. What he actually said is if we hit 3,300 he will look to bring in 2 seasonal (seasoned) goal scorers. If not I'm guessing it will be a couple of gambles. He said he's going to be putting in 150 grand of his own money. Signings so far have been good and I feel with a couple of decent strikers we will have a better overall team than last year.

A quick note to say I've added a promo for season tickets across the site.

I also totally agree with Doha's post above about the difference between the Vale and Colchester application forms. Although I must say, I would never want a mascot called "Eddie the Eagle" :wacko: