Anthony Grant signs

valiant_593

Perhaps the midfield will be Moore/O'Connor/Grant/Foley.........Foley has been a left winger for most of his career.

I think we'll be going with a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 and just one central striker.

Advert:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps the midfield will be Moore/O'Connor/Grant/Foley.........Foley has been a left winger for most of his career.

At the moment perhaps we'll play three in the middle, O'Connor, Foley and Grant, and play Moore off a target man? I really can't see Kelly being a permanent fixture in the starting 11 right away.

Advert:

I just hope he's going to be as much of a success as Naylor and Brammer were for us

Sorry where is the new tiny naylor. At the moment we do not even have a recognised striker.

We will play one up front ? Can not wait for the defensive winger less hoof ball next season. What is it with Welsh managers. They may have grown up in the valleys watching paint dry as a form of entertainment but we didn't.

Sorry where is the new tiny naylor. At the moment we do not even have a recognised striker.

We will play one up front ? Can not wait for the defensive winger less hoof ball next season. What is it with Welsh managers. They may have grown up in the valleys watching paint dry as a form of entertainment but we didn't.

It's June 24th.

I guarantee If we had signed 2 forwards and no defenders you'd be moaning about that instead

I think we'll be going with a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 and just one central striker.

Is that a 4-5-1/4-3-3/4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1/4-4-1-1........flexible system with say Moore/O'Connor/Grant/Foley with Dodds playing in the hole and a big

target man like Thomas Elliot.

Perhaps with the signing of Grant which must mean Lines is off then Foley is the replacement for Marshall.

Had kinda hoped for a double loan signing from Palace with Keshi Anderson along with Inniss on season long loans......shame about Marshall and Veseli going......thought a midfield of Moore/O'Connor/Foley/Marshall would have been very strong going forward and perhaps a strike force of say

Keshi Anderson and JJ Hooper could hit it off in a Brooker/McPhee strength and speed combo.

Got to say the Streete/Inniss centre back partnership long term could be a solid foundation like the legendary Aspin/Glover years.

Advert:

Jesus Christ fella, you must be the most pessimistic person I've ever come across in my life. You certainly don't like anything to do with the vale.

Welcome to Port Vale. It adds competition and depth to midfield which should be good. It also adds height and if we can defend better that will take us a fair distance this season. I am concerned whether we have enough pace in the team. I rate Byron Moore highly skill wise for example, but his limiting factor is pace in my opinion. But he should do better this season. If we don't sign some guys to score goals we will be a team that defends well, passes the ball round tidily but doesn't pose a goal scoring threat. League 1 has a lot of teams like that, except the division looks stronger this year and we can't afford to join that club and hope to survive.

I think we're gearing for one up top with Foley and Oakey playing behind the striker and Grant lying deep. With Streete and hopefully Innis at the back, we are going to be very tough to score against with a three man centre midfield. I'm becoming more and more confident about the team, a couple of strikers and we're good to go. The only downside is Marshy going, he would have had a chance to really excel in that set up but let's hope Kelly has the goods

Advert:

Well happy with Mr Grant joining us. We're looking strong in midfield now and I'm sure Michael Brown will enjoy getting the best out of them with his coaching. With O'Connor, Foley and Grant plus the other players we have who can slot into the middle we now have more depth there than we've had for years, which is something that I've droned on about being a problem for years.

We REALLY need a couple of good strikers now unless Jonathan Kapend is the new Christiano Ronaldo or something!

Archived