Anthony Grant signs

valiant_593

An okay signing to solidify CM even more, guess it'll see Brown taking a more backseat role in terms of playing. A little surprising- thought strikers and a Marshall replacement would be priority.

They probably are, just because weve signed a defender and now have a great midfield before our strikers dosent mean that position isnt priority, remember its only June 24th, a very long time to go yet.

Advert:

This will mean that Lines will be off and gets an high earner off the wage bill to hopefully bring in a decent striker

15-20 goals a season strikers are im told not hard to find, lets see what next week brings

An okay signing to solidify CM even more, guess it'll see Brown taking a more backseat role in terms of playing. A little surprising- thought strikers and a Marshall replacement would be priority.

I would guess Kelly is Marshalls replacement,we also have Moore,Lloyd,Foley and Andoh

Welcome to Port Vale. It adds competition and depth to midfield which should be good. It also adds height and if we can defend better that will take us a fair distance this season. I am concerned whether we have enough pace in the team. I rate Byron Moore highly skill wise for example, but his limiting factor is pace in my opinion. But he should do better this season. If we don't sign some guys to score goals we will be a team that defends well, passes the ball round tidily but doesn't pose a goal scoring threat. League 1 has a lot of teams like that, except the division looks stronger this year and we can't afford to join that club and hope to survive.

Advert:

I would guess Kelly is Marshalls replacement,we also have Moore,Lloyd,Foley and Andoh

I'd say Moore is one place on the wing but in terms of Foley he'd be better in the centre and IMO the rest aren't really a "Marshall replacement" but more like back up squad players. (Birchall too)

Advert:

Welcome to Port Vale. It adds competition and depth to midfield which should be good. It also adds height and if we can defend better that will take us a fair distance this season. I am concerned whether we have enough pace in the team. I rate Byron Moore highly skill wise for example, but his limiting factor is pace in my opinion. But he should do better this season. If we don't sign some guys to score goals we will be a team that defends well, passes the ball round tidily but doesn't pose a goal scoring threat. League 1 has a lot of teams like that, except the division looks stronger this year and we can't afford to join that club and hope to survive.

Anthony Grant adds height?? :shifty:

Ryan Coclough next?

Won't he cost a fortune? I've read that he wants to leave Crewe but by Crewe offering him a contract any club that wants him will have to agree compensation. I would imagine it would be quite a lot as Crewe have had him on their books for years.

I suspect if anyone wants him, it will be richer clubs than us, but I'm happy to be surprised...

Advert:

Won't he cost a fortune? I've read that he wants to leave Crewe but by Crewe offering him a contract any club that wants him will have to agree compensation. I would imagine it would be quite a lot as Crewe have had him on their books for years.

I suspect if anyone wants him, it will be richer clubs than us, but I'm happy to be surprised...

I would be surprised too as Crewe are looking for offers.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33255843

Archived