onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Anthony Grant signs

valiant_593

I think we'll be going with a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 and just one central striker.

I'd agree, which makes the signing of a quality striker that can score(*) absolutely imperative, as there are very few goals in the squad as it currently stands, with the midfield seemingly complete.

* For me, this Thomas Elliott does not fit that bill and 1)his record 2)comments from other fans 3)the fact that Cambridge didn't even offer him a new contract suggest that he'd merely be vying with Campion for a place on the bench.

Advert

He dominated our midfield both times last season. I'm happy to have him play for us. Like a Griff type but who can actually play football.

That's how I've seen him when we've played Crewe. Can bring the ball forward and turns in less room than an American articulated lorry.

I'd agree, which makes the signing of a quality striker that can score(*) absolutely imperative, as there are very few goals in the squad as it currently stands, with the midfield seemingly complete.

* For me, this Thomas Elliott does not fit that bill and 1)his record 2)comments from other fans 3)the fact that Cambridge didn't even offer him a new contract suggest that he'd merely be vying with Campion for a place on the bench.

We don't know why Cambridge didn't offer a contract, he may have indicated he was leaving. I'm guessing we will bring in 2 and probably 3 forwards and Elliot may well be one of them. I don't think his goal scoring record is any worse than Pope's at Rotherham and in his first season and a half with us. Pope was a willing workhorse until Adams got him to stop running the channels and just play as a target man, hold the ball up, lay it off and get in the box. The bit I've read about Elliot from last season (and its not a lot to go on) he spent a lot of time running down the channels. He's at the right age where he may well be ready to make the step up and it may well be that the way we want to play will suit him.

I must admit his performances against us last season changed my opinion on Anthony Grant. He will certainly add some steel to the midfield that was sadly lacking last season. Grant and O'Connor could be a very strong midfield pairing with a nice blend of flair and strength, power and creativity.

Its also a signing that strengthens us and weakens Crewe which can't be a bad thing. And as has been mentioned will add even more spice to the first game. The acne-ridden chavs behind the goal will give him dogs abuse i'm sure.

The most recent to go directly from Crewe to Vale is, i think, Byron Moore but i believe your earlier post was referring to Luke Rodgers.

The funniest part of this is not that he was wrong once, but the fact the original poster said be as successful as naylor and brammer. Moore and Rodgers were / have hardly been a success

He seems like a poor signing compared to Stevenage who in league 2 have signed Steven Schumacher, a much better version of Grant who scores goals and looked great for Fleetwood Town last season. We should have gone for him, not a player from a team who finished below even us. Smurf can't say they get massive crowds, their average was around 3,000 last season and none of the commercial infrastructure or hospitality that we have. The only difference I can think of is that they have a chairman who isn't a tight bottom.

He seems like a poor signing compared to Stevenage who in league 2 have signed Steven Schumacher, a much better version of Grant who scores goals and looked great for Fleetwood Town last season. We should have gone for him, not a player from a team who finished below even us. Smurf can't say they get massive crowds, their average was around 3,000 last season and none of the commercial infrastructure or hospitality that we have. The only difference I can think of is that they have a chairman who isn't a tight bottom.

Not a surprise to see a negative comment from you.... You would of complained if we got Schumacher too

The funniest part of this is not that he was wrong once, but the fact the original poster said be as successful as naylor and brammer. Moore and Rodgers were / have hardly been a success

I think the season ahead could be massive for Moore. Showed flashes but never really got going last season mainly down to personal circumstances but next season will be interesting. Rodgers, i thought, was a bit harshly treated at Vale. Certainly showed talent at times but the double penalty miss at Chasetown seemed to sap him of all confidence and was never quite the same player again.

Hello? Are you feeling alright?

Steven Schumacher is hardly a defensive midfielder. Crewe's chairman not tight? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Completely different types of midfield players, its like saying Zidane was a better defensive midfield player than Deschamps because he scored more goals. Schumacher is a "do a bit of everything moderately well" midfield player.

Oh dear :laugh:

Archived