onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

JMW - Would you welcome him back?

jjvale_03

I bet Scunny wished they'd never set eyes on him, it was a bad move all round, he only played 15 games before being loaned out to a team that got relegated and now his contract has been terminated half way through.

It's a definite no from me, he probably had his best spell with us but he could go missing for long periods and he never worked as hard as Mark Marshall did.

For me priorities lie elsewhere on the pitch and JMW is history and we should move on.

He did go missing alot in matches but he always had the threat of scoring out of nothing I think losing 1-0 away JMW coming on as a sub is just as good as bringing a striker on.

For me Marshall Is a must keep but can't see it happening.

Let's not forget he is still only 27.

Advert

If he's not good enough for Scunny or Tranmere why the hell wud he be good enough for us!!! He is non league level have we no ambition at all? jesus wept

Non league level? You must be on a wind up this time last year he finished our 2nd joint scorer and bags of assists, he made the wrong decision going to Scunthorpe, just like Pope has made the wrong decision going to Bury but I bet the majority on here would welcome Pope back if it goes **** up at Bury.

Let's not forget he is still only 27.

I must admit I thought he was a bit older than that, 30/31 I would have guessed.

Just reading what Mickey Adams said on his departure which was pretty much spot on..

"I want to thank Jennison for his efforts while he has been at the club. He has been terrific. At times he has been unplayable and at other times he has let himself down slightly, but that is the life of a winger... This is not having a go at Jennison, but I don't see Scunthorpe as a progression in his career. I have to say I think that move is purely a money one."

—Manager Micky Adams thanked Myrie-Williams for his efforts at Vale Park whilst passing judgement on his decision to join Scunthorpe.[123]

None of them made a mistake leaving Vale cus they get more money on longer contracts than Vale offered them, it's not complicated u know.

Well I think it's complicated for you, as JMW no longer has a contract, yes he went for more money but 12 months down the line he has no money. He made a mistake, just like Pope has if he doesn't produce the goods they won't keep him there for 3 years to collect big money. It's not complicated you know

I must admit I thought he was a bit older than that, 30/31 I would have guessed.

Just reading what Mickey Adams said on his departure which was pretty much spot on..

"I want to thank Jennison for his efforts while he has been at the club. He has been terrific. At times he has been unplayable and at other times he has let himself down slightly, but that is the life of a winger... This is not having a go at Jennison, but I don't see Scunthorpe as a progression in his career. I have to say I think that move is purely a money one."

—Manager Micky Adams thanked Myrie-Williams for his efforts at Vale Park whilst passing judgement on his decision to join Scunthorpe.[123]

Yeah JMW went for the same reason Pope has "he's got to think of his family" I see Bury as a backward step.

Well I think it's complicated for you, as JMW no longer has a contract, yes he went for more money but 12 months down the line he has no money. He made a mistake, just like Pope has if he doesn't produce the goods they won't keep him there for 3 years to collect big money. It's not complicated you know

Do u know how contracts work? Even if Pope doesn't score a single goal for them he will get his 3 years money cus he's CONTRACTED for it!

JMW and Scunthorpe have mutually agreed to cancel his contract, his contract is cancelled!! If Pope doesn't score a single goal in 12 months he will be dropped and shipped out on loan until another club shows interest in him to which they will mutual agree to terminate his contract. Remi Streete asked Newcastle to terminate his contract, he ain't still getting paid by Newcastle

That's because they mutually agreed it, if Pope wants that money in his contract then he gets it, he is guaranteed the 3 years money even if he never plays a game for them and if a player wants to see that contract out there's nothing a club can do about it.

I'd have him back. He's a match winner on his day and we don't have many (if any) of them in our squad right now.

Wingers, especially lower league wingers, are commonly inconsistent (otherwise they would be internationals) so I'd always like 4-5 of them to chop and change dependant on form.

JMW and Scunthorpe have mutually agreed to cancel his contract, his contract is cancelled!! If Pope doesn't score a single goal in 12 months he will be dropped and shipped out on loan until another club shows interest in him to which they will mutual agree to terminate his contract. Remi Streete asked Newcastle to terminate his contract, he ain't still getting paid by Newcastle

Bet JMW got a fair bit of a payout as well. I believe Streete was actually at the end of his contract but if Newcastle hadn't released him they could have held out for a fee by offering to renew it.

That's because they mutually agreed it, if Pope wants that money in his contract then he gets it, he is guaranteed the 3 years money even if he never plays a game for them and if a player wants to see that contract out there's nothing a club can do about it.

Yes and that's the mistake he won't be playing football just like at Rotherham before we had him regardless of the money he was unhappy and couldn't wait to leave. If both clubs agree to terminate then the club owes the player nothing and vice versa

Archived