onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

JMW - Would you welcome him back?

jjvale_03

I see our former star winger has had his contract mutually terminated after just 12 months at Scunthorpe.

If the opportunity arose, would be happy to take him back?

Given that we're likely to lose Marshall, our wing options look promising but inexperienced in the form of Lloyd, Andoh and Kelly. There's no doubting JMW was right up there with our best players for 2 years, but hasn't produced that sort of form anywhere else in his career. He only made 7 starts last season, but still tore us a new one in the game at Vale Park (before stupidly getting sent off), and I'm sure he could still do a job at this level.

I'd happily take him back on the condition that he wasn't one of the top earners and he was happy to be used as a mentor to the younger wingers in the squad.

Advert

Absolutely not he was terrible and one dimensional for us first time round so u reckon he went to Scunny and improved in ability and attitude sat on the bench or at Tranmere where he did jack ****? Can't believe we're even discussing this.

I absolutely would take him back but as a squad player and not a guaranteed first teamer now we have sam Kelly (welcome to VP by the way sam!!)

JMW is a good backup, ok he has no right foot, but he can score a few goals....goals we are missing right now and we could pretty much name our price to get him back I reckon.

Gladly have him back and I'm not one for normally wanting old players back. Yes he could be frustrating but he knew where the back of the net was and god knows how many goals he setup for us. When we finished 9th he was our 2nd highest goalscorer just behind Pope from a winger that is nothing to be sniffed at.

I don't really see another winger being a priority. The management team must rate Kelly and I guess he's inked in to play on the left and Moore will be a starter this season on the right (JMW's preferred position). We've already go cover in Andoh, Daniel, Birchall, LLoyd and Dodds. I would have JMW as cover over any of those 5, but as they're all signed up we've got to pay them. Then there's the outside chance Marshall will stay. Wasn't as effective in his last year with us going forward, but did an awful lot of work tracking back. With slightly quicker centrehalves we should be able to play with a higher line next season, so maybe he would be more effective as an attacking threat. 2013/14 he rarely go the ball in the opposition half and normally was picking it up 40 metres from our goal ... and its difficult for any winger to really threaten from that far out. My guess would be Bristol Rovers.

Not unless Scunny have somehow taught him how to use his right foot to do anything but stand on.

I bet Scunny wished they'd never set eyes on him, it was a bad move all round, he only played 15 games before being loaned out to a team that got relegated and now his contract has been terminated half way through.

It's a definite no from me, he probably had his best spell with us but he could go missing for long periods and he never worked as hard as Mark Marshall did.

For me priorities lie elsewhere on the pitch and JMW is history and we should move on.

Archived