onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer Transfers

Advert

Liverpool about to sign Firminho, a full Brazil International and a very exciting young player. Obviously he's Sterling's replacement but is perhaps a more complete player as of now and will also give Liverpool an extra 20 million to further strengthen the squad, which after the signings of Milner, Ings and Gomez is now taking shape. Another forward is a must as we can't rely on Sturridge to be fit throughout the season, along with a couple of defenders. We've been strongly linked with Nathaniel Clyne and I think he would be an excellent purchase.

Finally that looks like a very good potential signing and as you suggest it would give them a potential profit of 21 million and possibly a better player.

What is it with Liverpool and trying to pinch the Saints best players and turning them all to ****? :laugh:

Finally that looks like a very good potential signing and as you suggest it would give them a potential profit of 21 million and possibly a better player.

What is it with Liverpool and trying to pinch the Saints best players and turning them all to ****? :laugh:

You've got a bit of credit where it's due. You feeling alright? ;)

The deal has been confirmed this morning so that's a cracking bit of business by Liverpool if they can also milk the best part of 50 million for Sterling from City. I'm a fan of Sterling, I think he has world-class potential and my opinion hasn't changed even if his attitude stinks, but he's nowhere near worth that sort of money at this moment in time. 20 million would be more realistic, even more so coming off the back of a disappointing season by his own previous standards.

Also, the move to Liverpool has yet to work out for Lambert and Lovren but it would be unfair to put Lallana into that category. He had a good few games last season where he played well and showed some of his ability. But he didn't have a pre-season and was then trying to play catch up in a hugely under-performing Liverpool side while also picking up other niggles that would keep him out for weeks at a time. He's a clever player and Rodgers either must use him correctly and play him in his best position to get the best out of him or not play him at all.

I've never seen Firminho play. £29m is a lot for a bloke who averages less than 1 goal in 3 in the Bundesliga. Does he have other attributes (a lot of assists, strong etc...?)

He's not a striker. He's more of a creative wide player, or someone that can play behind a striker. Think of him as Sterling with less natural pace but with better dribbling, flair and finishing, along with having a better appetite for the game.

He's not a striker. He's more of a creative wide player, or someone that can play behind a striker. Think of him as Sterling with less natural pace but with better dribbling, flair and finishing, along with having a better appetite for the game.

I see, cheers. An interesting one, I suspect this may be the one that Rodgers' stands or falls by. Not many Brazilians have really settled in the PL for any length of time (possibly with the exception of Juninho).

I see, cheers. An interesting one, I suspect this may be the one that Rodgers' stands or falls by. Not many Brazilians have really settled in the PL for any length of time (possibly with the exception of Juninho).

Gilberto Silva did a good job for Arsenal. And Coutinho has been somewhat of a revelation for Liverpool in his few years at the club considering the price paid for him. Though granted there has been more flops than successes. Firminho has a lot of Suarez about him, though obviously not at that level yet.

Gilberto Silva did a good job for Arsenal. And Coutinho has been somewhat of a revelation for Liverpool in his few years at the club considering the price paid for him. Though granted there has been more flops than successes. Firminho has a lot of Suarez about him, though obviously not at that level yet.

Fair point about Gilberto.

These current signings look to be of similar quality to Markovic, Lovren, Can etc were last year - they might make the knock-out stages if they can get into the Europa League. I remember similar positive comments being made at the start of last year.

Apparently Liverpool are unwilling to sell Sterling to one of their rivals. Stoke, Southampton and Swansea have taken note.

These current signings look to be of similar quality to Markovic, Lovren, Can etc were last year - they might make the knock-out stages if they can get into the Europa League. I remember similar positive comments being made at the start of last year.

Apparently Liverpool are unwilling to sell Sterling to one of their rivals. Stoke, Southampton and Swansea have taken note.

What a tool.

What a tool.

What an excellent discussion point.

I thought I was quite generous- I didn't include West Ham. :laugh:

There is no club in Europe who have spent so much money for so little return - In addition to those already mentioned there is Balotelli, Sakho, Borini, Moreno, Mignolet, Origi, Lambert, Manquillo, Alberto, Allen, Aspas, Enrique, Ossaidi and Ilori. A number of those won't be at the club at the start of this season. Only Sturridge, and Coutinho are definite successes. Rodgers has spent £215m on 28 players in three years.

Last year no Suarez, this year no Gerrard.

What an excellent discussion point.

I thought I was quite generous- I didn't include West Ham. :laugh:

There is no club in Europe who have spent so much money for so little return - In addition to those already mentioned there is Balotelli, Sakho, Borini, Moreno, Mignolet, Origi, Lambert, Manquillo, Alberto, Allen, Aspas, Enrique, Ossaidi and Ilori. A number of those won't be at the club at the start of this season. Only Sturridge, and Coutinho are definite successes. Rodgers has spent £215m on 28 players in three years.

Last year no Suarez, this year no Gerrard.

Last year ,no hope,this year no........

Archived