onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What's the deal with Bury?

Tone

Can someone interpret this for me? I don't speak the lingo...

"At times, due to very strict privacy agreements or wanting to be ahead of the game we do not think its appropriate to publicize some of the activities as that could stop the investment strategy from maximizing its potential."

Is Perry Deakin still at Bury ?

Advert

"At times, due to very strict privacy agreements or wanting to be ahead of the game we do not think its appropriate to publicize some of the activities as that could stop the investment strategy from maximizing its potential."

I put it into Google translate and it came back us. "We're shifty, deal with it!"

We are all curious how Bury can afford to make Tom Pope a better offer than Smurf can, but what exactly is happening there?

Have the questions raised in the following article ever been answered?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2014/nov/12/bury-high-interest-loans-shadow-recovery

Another pack of cards ready to tumble? Or do they have the money and the ability to manipulate the system to get Bury promoted again?

Im not curious about how they can make a better offer but I am curious about why they would make a better offer.... do they, and others, see something "we" dont?

Rough translation..... "mind your own business".... "its got nowt to do with you so keep ya nose owt"

Bury have gates of 3,500. I guess that would go up in league 1. But it is said they have ambitions for the Championship. The sums don't stack up to start paying players a lot of money and their performance last season in gaining promotion was creditable but not storming through league 2 with a bunch of higher level and relatively highly paid players. Clubs are governed by financial fair play rules. We will see.

Bury have gates of 3,500. I guess that would go up in league 1. But it is said they have ambitions for the Championship. The sums don't stack up to start paying players a lot of money and their performance last season in gaining promotion was creditable but not storming through league 2 with a bunch of higher level and relatively highly paid players. Clubs are governed by financial fair play rules. We will see.

FFP? I'm not sure it means much at all. If the Bury owners are counting on getting to the Championship, the television money there is between 2 and 3 million (someone correct me if that is not accurate). It makes something of a difference to a club with gates of 3,500 at, say 12 quid average, which adds up to just short of 1 million, but slim pickings compared with 100 million for failing in the PL and 25 million for those who drop out (in the first season).

Clubs trying to follow in the footsteps of Hull, Swansea, Bournemouth, etc. have to adopt sensible financial policies unless they have billionaire owners content to pour millions down the drain (whilst flaunting FFP rules). Let's see how they get on and, indeed, how others continue to survive in competition with PL drop-outs and their parachute payments.

In the meantime, who can blame Smurf?

FFP? I'm not sure it means much at all. If the Bury owners are counting on getting to the Championship, the television money there is between 2 and 3 million (someone correct me if that is not accurate). It makes something of a difference to a club with gates of 3,500 at, say 12 quid average, which adds up to just short of 1 million, but slim pickings compared with 100 million for failing in the PL and 25 million for those who drop out (in the first season).

Clubs trying to follow in the footsteps of Hull, Swansea, Bournemouth, etc. have to adopt sensible financial policies unless they have billionaire owners content to pour millions down the drain (whilst flaunting FFP rules). Let's see how they get on and, indeed, how others continue to survive in competition with PL drop-outs and their parachute payments.

In the meantime, who can blame Smurf?

Let's be honest,teams that manage to come up from the Championship these days are unlikely to stay too long in the PL.It's becoming more of a closed shop than ever before,due to the massive amounts of TV money that the clubs accumulate.Good luck to Bournemouth,Watford and Norwich for the coming season,but I fear we will once again witness two of the three clubs coming straight back down.

My Bury mate tells me they've 8 investors prepared to stick in a few £mill between them. Who knows, their celeb fan Danny Boyle could do too. Their signings of the two Clarkes would have caused some on here to orgasm had it been us! They're going **** or bust it seems

My Bury mate tells me they've 8 investors prepared to stick in a few £mill between them. Who knows, their celeb fan Danny Boyle could do too. Their signings of the two Clarkes would have caused some on here to orgasm had it been us! They're going **** or bust it seems

Didn't Leyton Orient go **** or bust last season Cav?;)

8 investors ? Or 8 people getting loans secured against Gigg Lane ?

Archived