onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page gets the Job

I don't think there's a reasonable explanation for much Page has done over the last 6 months if I'm honest Jim apart from the fact he's out of his depth.

I'm trying to justify the decision because we're stuck with him for a while at least.

Advert

Shame its not Deano in charge but hopefully page will do as good a job as the budget allows. At least he will be committed to the job unlike MA who seemed to want to take the Blackpool job last summer.

Are you taking the urine? Would you really want Glover in charge? You need to stop smoking crack!

Imo,Pagey deserves a chance with his own backroom staff and players and the next few weeks will be interesting to say the least,with the priority being to get Oaky and Marshy signed up again along with Ryan Inniss from Palace.It is plainly obvious that we need to weed out at least six of the current squad and get some fresh blood in.With a new set of players Pagey also needs a new strategy,especially at Vale Park where most of the home games have been dire and we can't afford to lose another ten home games.

Looking forward to big changes and the new season.

Up the Vale.:upthevale:

I've been following the Vale since the mid 1970s, during which time the following individuals have been Manager.

Roy Sproson

Bobby Smith

Dennis Butler

Alan Bloor

John McGrath

Sir John Rudge

Brian Horton

Martin Foyle

Lee Sinnott

Dean Glover

Micky Adams

Mental Jim Gannon

Rob Page

Some of these Managers have been good, some average, and some woeful. Regardless of who is the Manager in the future, I'll continue to follow the Vale. I might have a moan about them, but I will never allow the managerial stewardship of the club to impact on my support.

Might I remind some on here that similar criticism of Page was made of John Rudge in his early years at the Vale. Page, like Rudge, strikes me as a thoughtful man, who will learn from hs mistakes and become much improved over time

A very cautious appointment by Smurf, as if he is not 100% sure. September gives no margin for error, but it seems the chairman demands immediate improvement.

Rob Page must now take the bull by the horns. Grew and Glover have had their time, we need fresh ideas from motivated individuals. The playing squad needs a major overhaul and I do wonder about Smurf's comment regarding releasing players currently under contract, as if some discussion has already taken place.

None'll ****ing do it though! They'll get to the deadline for the cheap offer, bottle it and renew! Put simply, we've had it way worse than this so they need to stop acting like petulant children and back the club or cut their ties with Port Vale and shut up whinging! I hear B&Q is ace on a Saturday afternoon...

I have put my spare cash on a wager that Vale go down to div two next season and smurfs boosted my chances of winning by his first most important decision the appiontment of relegation rob to the most crucial job at vale

Archived