onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Realistic targets for next season

1977Valiant

Advert

Izale McLeod is a great player but he will probably want to stay in and around London. I believe he wants to return to Barnet, who he played for so well against us. A great striker but will never move North sadly.

Remie Streete would be great as would Innis but those two are no brainers if possible.

Had Crewe been relegated that would have helped us harvest of their better players more easily, so in that regard it is a shame they didn't go down.

Notts County players look likely but god knows who.

Peter Clarke is a great shout and actually played very well for Pool this season. Very reliable solid defender.

Getting players released from big clubs is harder because they usually carry bigger wage expectations and agents who want a cut. A lot are often over rated too like Jordan Slew.

Instead of the crummy relegated teams I feel we should look at the players released by the Promoted league 1 clubs. Preston's released list will be full of excellent players as they had such squad depth, ditto Bristol City.

Billy Paynter hasn't been released. He is on the transfer list for Carlisle.[/quote

please no more x vale player's there are all ready to many in the back room as it is.

I didn't say that we should sign him up. I was just correcting someone who thought Paynter was released from Carlisle that's all :).

Billy Paynter hasn't been released. He is on the transfer list for Carlisle.[/quote

please no more x vale player's there are all ready to many in the back room as it is.

Took the words out of my mouth- Paynter? Madness

I'd like to see a winger who can cross a ball on the run to supply Peope and a.n. other, the guy Lalkovic of Barnsley looked useful to me, good step over and pace, doesn't over complicate matters and doesn't seem to bet much playing time.

I didn't say that we should sign him up. I was just correcting someone who thought Paynter was released from Carlisle that's all :).

Sorry not having a go at you just used your quote because you named the player no offence intended. rsb

I'd like to see a winger who can cross a ball on the run to supply Peope and a.n. other, the guy Lalkovic of Barnsley looked useful to me, good step over and pace, doesn't over complicate matters and doesn't seem to bet much playing time.

He was quality at Walsall last season, doubt we would be able get him

Archived